A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Thursday, December 01, 2005

KAT

FAN OF THE WEEK (FOTW): Katherine Green Coleman......aka: Kat
aka: newest roommate in the Terrace

Kat comes to us from the booming metropolis of Augusta, GA. Many of my buddies in college would refer to Augusta as 'Dis-gusta' but I beg to differ. I like several things about Augusta -
Katherine Coleman
Charlsie and her house on Milledge and the Paine's
The Amish bakery
Very Vera Strawberry Cakes
Blue Star beer at BeesKnees
My brother who is a 1st year in Med School
Leslie H
The Masters every April
The River

But let's talk about the first subject, Kat. Kat, from what I know, is a cloth salesman on the floor of a designer showroom. She is considered the 'Blanche' of the office for those of you Golden Girls fanatics. Kat is really just passing time there I think because soon enough her shower singing talents are going to be picked up by somebody important and she'll be on the first thing that smokes to Hollywood. Or maybe Nasheville - she has more of the N'ville appeal I think.

She wears the perfect short haircut - better than anyone else short hair cut I know. And her naturally red hair just makes you want to know her. Redheads seem to have depth from what I have experienced. You should see a picture of all of her redheaded siblings together. Precious! I secretly want to be in Kat's family. They are all girls, they all have red hair, the go to the farm and play for the weekends and holidays and there's this cute dad that rides on a tractor just to clear things. kat says he likes to clear things. As much as I like to act like I grew up in the backwoods, we all know Marietta, Georgia, even old school Marietta is NOT the backwoods. I will raise my family on land with a house (hopefully with a porch with rocking chairs) and they'll get to go fishing and hunting and climbing trees and such.

So Katherine also does great impressions of people. I can't name names because you may have been one of them but they are great. Always unexpected and they make me snort when I laugh. No one but Katherine makes me truly snort when I laugh. Isn't this hideous? In a way, it is comforting to know I can amuse myself that much but come on - it has gotten to be obnoxious. I used to try to control the weird sounds that may come out of my body but these days - the more obnoxious, the more entertaining. My sister, Mary Lauren, would probably say this is yet another reason why I am single.
I hate the word single. In Mexico they call it 'soltera'. That word has alot more appeal.

Kat also knows how to cook and make a mean pb and j. Everyday at precisely 1:22 she comes home for a whole 18 minutes, makes the perfect pb and j, makes me giggle if I am there and then heads on her merry way.

Katherine is the FOTW for all of these reasons and more that you will have to wait for because I promised myself by 8:45 I would work diligently. It is 8:59. Bye.
Love ya Kat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home