A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Sunday, January 29, 2006

The shakes

My body is shaking because it is so tired. Do you know this feeling? It is the worst ever. It is like every part of your body has a wedgie. Sadly, you just can't fix it immediatly without just going to bed but then you go to bed and you start to overcome the exhaustion and you can't sleep anyway. I don't get it. I think there is too much swimming in my brain at all times thus leading to the shakes and body wedgies and lack of sleep. Really, though, I am swell today and I enjoyed my weekend. I enjoyed myself. I did things I wanted to do and had conversations with people I wanted to have conversations with....
Friday I had an amazing dinner at an amazing little find in East Atlanta. Actually, Cabbagetown is the place and though being in the real estate world I have heard of this little treasure - I had never given it more of a thought. Thanks to a new friend, Mitch, I got to experience lots of cool things Friday night including Carrol Street Cafe in Cabbagetown, cool views of the Atlanta skyline and even a little taste of Decatur (and by the way, Decatur is Greater, as they say though I swear it was Decatur is for Lovers!)
Then, yesterday God was so so good. What a day I had!!! I really just enjoyed fun people and had great conversations and I ate great food and I laid in a yard with Meredith and basked in the mid-afternoon sun and I snuggled with my mom on the couch. All things enjoyable concluded my Saturday.
Today I can't tell you how at peace I am. I went to church and sat on the left side just cause. Most of my pals sit on the right side and though they are my favorite people there is something freeing and enjoyable about worship all alone. I ended up running into one of my favorite peoples though and joined them on their row for church. Worship today was moving. I dont know that I could describe the peacefulness and joy that was in the air this morning. Eddie led worship. Just him and his guitar and some beautiful woman's voice. So beautiful. It was one of those times when you lose yourself singing and nothing around me or near me distracted me. Thank you, Jesus, for such a great start to the day. I am overwhelmed with God's grace towards me. I really am. I dont like myself right now for not being able to explain fully what God is up to in my little story but I just see him using even the small things for the good. I am baffled by the way the pieces seem to make sense right now and really, I would be okay not making sense of anything and just trusting but for some reason of late I am also seeing reason and purpose.....such undeserved clarity. God, thank you, for using me to be a small part of your big story. I want to be part. I want to live boldly and loudly for You. There is nothing or no one on this earth that can satisfy the way You do. It is so undeserving that I should consistently feel desired by You. So, Sunday was good to as you can tell. When I can revise my thoughts into something more fluid then I will. For now - I am happy to be right where I am right now.

I made chili today too and it was so so so good. I am soo so so happy. I also made brownies and they are perfectly gooey and perfectly crunchy on the top. At this point in life food is kissing to me. Yummy. And I have been wanting some good food.
I love to cook. And I am going to a cooking class tomorrow night - you should know.
I have to go....computer is beeping at me and it is dying.

Goodnight. No more shakes I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home