A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Friday, January 27, 2006

Blessings abundant

That has become one of my favorite sayings of late. I am overwhelmed these days by the daily blessings I experience. I am baffled that I could be blessed so much and so abundantly with opportunity, with grace, with mercy, with health, with friends beyond compare, with sunshine ,with a job, and an amazing company, with a family fairly close by, with freedom, with a song in my heart, with yummy food, with quiet/down time, with the most comfortable bed in America! Let's go back to the friends thing though. Last year I wedged my way into friendship with some phenomenal people and what a blessing it has been to get to know them more and to see the the Lord glorified in them in all they do. Really, in eating. sleeping, hanging out, working, running, laughing, planning, dancing you name it - He is glorified! My bucket ir really filled by them daily and I do not deserve a bit of it. So.....Jenni B and I head to Datyona Beach (DTB) on Tuesday night for the surprise of all surprises. I can't tell you how addicted I am to surprises and spontaneity! Our 40 hours in DTB was beyond expression - really. Jenni and I had a blast meeting everyone in DTB along the way and bribing them with brownies to help us. Of course the surprise was so fun but the time spent was even better. Seriously, my cheeks hurt from smiling. Wednesday we played like 10 year olds on the beach all day. We had a picnic and ate strawberries and ran through the birds and did carwheels for old men and did the 'tree' (pilates). It was so fun too, to see Robin and Aaron so at peace with exactly where they are - right where God has them. Right at the El Caribe, aka the Green Machine, aka the Crib. Yesterday was just as pleasant as Jenni and Robin and I took an early a.m. stroll, treated ourselves to Starbucks cause you have to have Starbucks on vacation and then Jenni and I solved every world problem in our hours sitting on the deck, beneath the sun, with the waves crashing in the background. So, yes, the surprise was perfect. Seeing Aaron and Robin right smack in the middle of God's plan was even more perfect. Spending time away with some of my favorite people acting like elementary kids can't be beat. And now it is the weekend and I definitely do not deserve to enjoy a weekend after my week of play. Another blessing I guess.....

Check out the pics.
TGIF kids

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home