A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Begian waffles

A few years ago...back in my early twenties (wow, that sounded so sophisticated didn't it? AS if I am so far removed from my early twenties??? Geez, I am just so mature) Anyway, back in that day I used to live off of Belgian waffles and eggs for every meal. Literally. My brother, Matt, bought me a waffle maker for graduation or something and I used the heck out of it. At the time I lived with my aunt and uncle in Brookhaven and no matter the occassion we had frozen (but homecooked) and fresh Belgian waffles around. I just had to go stop to taste my creation this morning. Which leads to the exciting story. My roommates are sleeping and I cn't sleep late so I thought I would get up and fix up a yummy Belgian breakfast complete with waffles (of serveral sorts: chocolate chip, cinnamon sugar, etc...), eggs, milk and a chocolate chip cookie. None of that may be Belgian and who really knows that even the waffles are a Belgium classic??? Like French fries? Really nothing to do with France. (And another question? Have I been to Belgium? I feel like I have when the fam used to travel overseas back in the day but I just can't remember. I am getting older by the second. I'd hope I'd remember it if I had gone.) So, back to the good deeds I am doing, my roommates should wake up any second due to to wonderul Belgian fragarances floating through the air (and I burnt the first batch so maybe a little 'charcoal' smell as well?!?!)

I am pretty pumped to reexpore an old hobby. I can't believe I had forgotten about my little miracle maker machine for all this time. Maybe I should even bring breakfast in bed? Geez, I am just too much.

Humbly,
Chef Betsy

1 Comments:

Blogger charlsiekate said...

I have been to belgium and the belgium waffle I had in belgium was stuff of the gods.

The only thing I know about belgium is that the waffles are better there.

Love you!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home