A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

laziness next to Godliness

Yesterday was the epotome. By far - the laziest day I have Ever had in my 25 years and 4 days. Ever. I came home at 4 because I couldnt hold my head up. Laid on the ugly couch for Oprah while Katie read a devotion to me (it was that bad - I couldnt even do it myself). Then when she left I moved to comfy couch, watch 2 Felicity's. At some point I decided I would be more comfortable bundled under the blanket with my pants and any extra clothing articles off. Done. Then I fell asleep during the news. I got up early at 5:50 to warm up chili from the night prior. I ate it early so I could feel supreme for my 7:30 workout and pilates class. Yeah, well, Kat comes home, joins me on smelly couch. She leaved at 6:45 to go work out. I beg her to not leave and make me feel unproductive. She does anyway. I tell her I will be gone when she gets back to workout. I ge tup and eat a bite of yummy birthday cake - the last bite- The heat and rat guy come to check out the house miusfuntions. Both tell me we are crazy and there is no heat problem, $600 heat bills are normal. And there are no rats - small black pellots in the basement have nothing to do with rats???? Kat comes home from her run and I am still on comfy couch. American Idol comes on and we vow to Tivo it and watch it after I do pilates upstairs. We become entralled and forget that we said we would watch it later. After hour one Kat wants a Brewsters icecream and I want something. Not sure what I just want something. I wrap in my blanket (bottomless) and make the Brewsters/Starbucks round. We come back to the last hour of American Idol. Kat joins me in (but not on the same couch silly) in the new traditions of half-dressed Tuesdays. Catie comes home and thinks we are weird. We watch more tv. Finally around midnight I realize that I did, for real, sit for nearly 8 hours on the couch. Yuck.

Needless to say, I didnt feel like a rockstar after yesterday afternoon and vowed to never again ever spend that amount of hours on the couch. Yuck yuck yuck. I suppose it was needed but I am sure there was something better I could have done with my time.
Can you beat that story? How about the driving around Atlanta in just a blanket part?

1 Comments:

Blogger Vaughan said...

I'm going back to work right now. That made me feel lazy just reading it! Can't say it sounds fun to have one of those days every once in a while.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home