A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Birthday of all Birthdays

My family rocks. That alone could be the statement of my heart. Never before have I been so enamored by the thoughtfulness of my mama and dad as today. They pulled off a pretty entertaining and enjoyable evening for me and a few 40 friends. I was just so happy to be in their presence lastnight and so happy to have my friends around to meet my family. Mama decorated and cut and sliced and planned all week and dad grilled in the cold and made a great slideshow and altogether, I really couldnt have smiled bigger. If you were a part - thank you for being there! A dear friend of mine told me yesterday that as people gathered to celebrate (or maybe just to get a free meal??) that I should graciously smile and say thank you when I end up being in the spot light. I'll be honest - I have no problem with spot light normally but lastnight was so special and it was so hard for me to just say thank you (see post below). Nonetheless, lastnight was really a true blessing and a great celebration for the new-25th year. Moreso, this morning I woke up to a yummy breakfast and then we sat and watched movies on the big screen all day. This is not my normal routine but something about it being the birthday allowed me to do everything unconventional (dancing in Moes tonight with the roommmates??) The celebration carried on through the night as my precious roommates showered me with balloons and decorations and chicken in a bowl (one of my fave's) and a cake! Woo hoo. I have a new pink watch from Katie. Pink! And a whole cookie cake to eat for breakfast this week. So, I can't find my camera but when I do pictures will be uploaded from lastnight. We ended up at kennesaw's finest, Cowboys. There is nothing I would ever rather do than dance - anywhere to anything anytime.

Thank you all for a beautiful, memorable 25th celebration. I am so grateful for your friendships. Thank you for continually filling up my bucket (especially when it is low on days like today) throughout the year. I am the luckiest girl I know!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am so glad that you had the best birthday EVER, with a capital E! Wish I could have been there to celebrate with ya'll. I have new cowboy boots that would have had a good time dancing with ya'll. :)

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home