A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Friday, January 13, 2006

Rain rain go away

Why does the weather alwas seem to go into a temper tantrum at the most inconvenient of times. Yesterday, I walked out the door in a scarf and then got some sun on my cheeks from just riding down the street with the sunroof open for lunch. I ended up the day in a summer skirt and a scarf and confused. This happened lastweek and it was pretty funny. I was at Passion and I overheard these cute young boys saying the next day they were going to wear the flip flops and shorts. Call me gullable but I woke up the next day, rubbed on some SPF and headed out the door in a mini skirt and my shades. Have you ever been that girl that looks so utterly stupid for not checking the weather before she headed out of the house? I don't get embarrassed too easily and I like to turn embarrassment around on other people so I just started asking people why in 33 degree weather they felt the need for a second layer and a coat? I pridefully froze my buns off last Thursday. Then of course over this week, again, the weather's bipolar tendencies come back out....and tonight and maybe tomorrow the S word is being mentioned (we can't say it here in Georgia because people freak out and they don't work and they get in car accidents and they flock to the grocery store and rob the bread aisle). PS - We are celebrating my birthday tomorrow night (yes, I have no shame when it comes to birthdays! I LOVE to celebrate birthdays - and honestly, other peoples more than my own. I know people say after 21 it's no big deal - to which I disagree. There are not enough things in this short life to make a big deal out of so I am choosing birthdays.) Anyway, of course, the day we plan to celebrate the forecast is already calling for the S word and freezing temperatures and lots of rain. Can't if hold off for Sunday when all you want to do anyway is lounge around the house in your pj's and burn candles (that sounded a little cooky - you know what I mean.)

It is Friday though and I will not sweat the weather. As I am finally learning, that is one thing I can not control.
I am sneaking out right now to go take a salsa class! Woo hoo.
TGodIFand myBD!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home