A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Anxious for what???

I have been so on edge this week. It's like my gut knows something is up. Not sure what - but something is up. I can't seem to make my mind rest these days - even at night. I am honestly not sure what it is thinking about or where the thoughts are leading but I just can't slow it down. Is it a lunar eclipse or something? Is someone thinking about me and I can just feel it? Whatever the reason - I am going to have to resolve to hypnoitism or something odd to try to rest my anxious heart. I know prayer is the answer but even those have turned into a whirlwind of thoughts lately. It's kind of fun - really..... Constant ideas and a constant flow of energy but man - am I tired! My mind and body are pooped. Anyway, I am going to light some insence (sp?) and play some tranquil music.

On other notes: I really want to eat more fruit but as a friend has so dearly noted in a recent blog - many fruits are hard to eat and take too much effort. I love oranges. I love to smell them and cook with them and put them in my water and suck the juice out of them. I honestly will not eat an orange though unless someone cuts it for me. I am a spoiled fruit eater. I need some suggestions. Bananas are yummy but the gooey-ness really grosses me out. Gooey-ness of anything really makes me nauseous. When I was in Merida,Mexico we ate this pure white fruit with lots of black seeds in it. It was really bitter and tasted like cardboard with some Pixi-stix sugar on top or something (could you taste that?)...But, I did like the look of the fruit and would say it really looked alot better than it tasted but it too was gooey (maybe it was just the hot Mexico sun) and I was dissappointed. Anyway, fruit eating to me is really a tricky thing because I love it but as I said it just seems too difficult to really get the fruit you want, when it is ripe and in a form that is readily edible. I want a piece of watermelon right now! Right now. Is it watermelon season? Do watermelons have seasons?

See you on the flipside.



DId you really think I would end like that? I dont even know what that means and I am definitely not that cool to end my blog like that. What does it mean? The flip side of earth, of life, of my bed, of the day?If the answer is obvious please do not embarrass me by telling me. I'd rather just wonder? The "flip-side" reminds me of the word "flapjacks" and I love flap jacks and when people call them flap jacks. I love them with homemade warm syrup.

I am ready for warm weather. I am tired of clothes and do not want to wear them, especially layers. I am going to start turning the personal space heater in my room to 80 soI can dress for the nude beaches in my own bedroom. Jackets and lots of clothing are really irritating. Am I easily irritated today or is it me? I am irritating myself I think.

And, one more thing. The most blogged about Birthday is fast approaching this Sunday. PLease tell me I will wake up on the flip side of 25 and feel like a million bucks. I am ready for this mid-20's thing.

For real - that's all. Mind - rest! Calm my anxious heart. Night.

1 Comments:

Blogger eZm said...

I think anxiety is in the air these days... My heart has been in turmoils since about last Saturday! I feel you on the wanting warm weather- it would make me feel less anxious :)
I could stop thinking about mixing amd matching and if these shoes really go with this whole ensemble- if I could just go ahead and put on the flip flops, I really would be less anxious :)

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home