A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Friday, December 30, 2005

Flat tire

I like the beer but not the situation. Especially, when it is 6:45 pm and I am trying to get home to excercise and then go to dine with my two favorite girls from out of town and my cell phone is ghetto and breaks when I use it and my only ride options are my roommates who are out of towners too and their phone numbers are long distance and thus, not remembered by me and the Checkers and Victory cab companies claim they don't pick up in the Perimeter area and the 'flat tire repair in a can' that your mother gave you because she was worried about you being a cute single young lady doesnt have any promise of working.....
All is well though today. My super brother came out this a.m. and helped me fix it (actually he gets al the credit). But it allowed me to wear scrubs to work basically so I could get dirty and fix a tire.
Why does it happen when you least need it to happen? You know, whatever it is - always at the wrong time. I am trying to leave to go to Nasheville to help out at the Passion conference - you'd think God wants me there but man is it getting harder to get out of town each hour......Inconveniences are always at the complete wrong time (thus the word in-convenience, Betsy)....Anywho.....here is the rosy colored glasses of this mute point - maybe, Betsy, it was that this perfect God liked the tire to be flat before Nasheville rather than on the road to Nashville???? Yeah, I like that.

Anyway, Nasheville or bust! See you kids in the New year! And, ps - 25 is really going to be the year to thrive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home