A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I gave in. I am feeling ashamed.

Not only did I give in. I gave in hard. I didn't just jump off the bridge cause my friends did it - I went out and bought their clothes first, colored my hair their color and then jumped, nearly years after they had already done it. I joined facebook today.
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. I already have multiple outlets to spill my life on the www but now I have taken the ultimate drug. I have wonderend around for a year now thinking I was too cool because I was an alum and therefore couldnt participate in the foolishness and then Kat, my kool roommate, was playing on FB Sunday night and she was reading the random comments having to do with our most fabulous party we threw Saturday night. We were entertained for hours putting together everyone's comments and creating drama that may have occurred at the party. Needless to say, not only did I sign up today - I had to go way out of my way to sign up.....at the expense of the poor UGA alumni worker who helped me set up the alum email account. Yes, this is true. Not kidding. I don't know that such extreme measures have been taken for anything else (well, maybe I have for animal cracker cravings....that's all though). Anyway, I am putting a limit on myself that it can only be looked at 2 times per day. Only one blog per day and MySpace is now gone. For real. I am purging myself. Do you think I am pathetic? I am feeling pretty worthless right now but I am sure when I check and see that I have actaully been accepted by 5 or more friends - I will feel like a superstar again! See, it's like therapy or something. It's all about a healthy self-esteem.
Okay, going to check for the 2nd time today. That's all. Poke me!

3 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

You can't quit MySpace! Your one of my friends.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Vaughan said...

I love that Holly just goes around leaving random comments on all our blogs........As for you Betsy, for shame! I honestly expected more. I guess we won't be hearing from you anymore. Addicted much?

10:11 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Wow Betsy...I could shoot you for introducing me to facebook! JK! I think I just need to start calling you my dealer...have read that if Instant Messenger is a gateway drug then Facebook is crack...great, and now you've got me hooked when I need to be doing so many other things...the procrastinator in me is coming out...

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home