A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Friday, December 16, 2005

OTP Nightmare

Did Atlanta shut down this morning and I was unaware? I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed after a grand 3.5 hours of sleep and ready to face the world and solve world peace. I headed into the office for a 7:30A sales meeting as I would on any Friday of the month. Then by 8 I had 2 appointments cancel on me due to ice. Where is the ice? And if there is ice - why didn't it cripple my day. I would have loved to stay snuggled to my heating pad in my 900 thread count sheets with read my newest, The Heart Aroused by David Whyte. I have plenty of things inside the casa that want me to do them today but the ice obviously only hit the slow-movers OTP.
So then, being the diligent young sales lady that I am I went to go visit one of my accounts for the day and as I pull up to the office at 2 til 10 the office looks like a morgue. Luckily, someone heard me - let me in and said the ice had shut down the office til 11.
Supposedly, this ice graced anything outside of 285 and decided to leave the rest of us alone. Do you know how great my life is be it that I exist in a 4.6 mile radius? Many a crazy day ago I did the commute thing from the 'rents house in Marietta - actually, West Cobb. Granted, I liked the quiet time in the morning but the one hour and 55 minute round trip commute takes a toll on anyone's sanity. now, I live, work, shop, run, have coffee, go to the bookstore, grocery store, workout, and do church all within in 4.6 miles. How fabulous is my life? I considered once getting a vespa. You think I am kidding. I tell no lies. I would love to wear the helmut and not have a huge car payment and be able to park easily. Mama says I wouldnt look good with bugs in my teeth when I finally get to work. I told her I floss.
The only downside of my little world of interaction is that I do LOVE to drive and listen to good music or no music and listen to God. I love when I get lost and know that ultimately I'll hit a street I know but for the time being, I am lost and I am happy.
Anyway, seems after a late start the ATL is coming to life. I shall go be productive today! I feel it! TGIF, kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home