A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Narnia Bliss

I can't get over something that I have read many a time, know in my heart and thought that I believed. I haven't fully put my fingers around this truth until this past Thursday at the preview of the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Lucy is talking to Mr. Beaver about Aslan. .. .In the same moment Mr. Beaver was talking to me about Jesus.

"Then he isn't safe?" said Lucy.
"Safe?" said Mr. Beaver; "don't you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? 'Course he isn't safe. But he's good."

Nothing about following Jesus is safe. He doesn't promise that. Nothing about following anything wholeheartedly is safe and only in Christ can even that kind of risk be good. Ultimately good at the very least. It sounds so simple and childlike to sa God is good. But in middle school and highschool youth group at First Pres Marietta they would say "God is good." And we would answer "All the time." No lies, this was very well rehearsed and sounded great and comforting at the time and very well fit into my childlike view of God. But it is recently, now in my 20's with alot of mileage behind and alot more to go that I can affirm that He is good all the time. Even in the personal catastrophies of our lives and in the small furstrations. He is good. His purposes and his intentions through even the bad ulitmately, prove good, whether or not we see them in this lifetime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home