A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Henry

Henry is the name assigned to our peculiar Christmas tree ( with a house full of estorgen a little testosterone was needed). Kat took the honors of naming it as she was solely responsible for it's glimmer and briliance. Yep, dad brought the tree over this weekend and it sat for a day then Sunday night we adorned about a foot and a half of it with lights and then decided that that was enough for the evening. Then, Monday night - Kat, the go-getter, took matters into her own hands and just started twisting and twirling herself in lights and within an hour Henry was complete. Well, complete with lights. Here is the problem - we have a tree with lights sans a star and ornaments. And knowing the way the Terrace operates - it will be December 27th before we decide to hang the ornaments.
Please hold us accountable to hang the ornaments. I am tired of things in my life being half-complete. I won't list things as not to offend but I want to be a completer and not just a rockstar-starter. As I have said before though, it is part of the EFNP that I will blame for the ability to start many wonderful projects but never complete them.

Drive by and see Henry. henry sits in the big open window in the front of the house that most people tend to peer through when driving/walking by the house. It's really kinda scary cause you can normally see everything sketchy going on inside. Therefore, we thought Henry would atleast cover some space and distract our stalkers.

Also, Henry needs a hat or something up top to top it off. Any suggestions? A star seems so cliche but then again I guess a tree with lights is too. Thoughts??? My mama always put a big red bow - maybe that's the ticket?
Or maybe we could string popcorn like we used to do in grade school and then wrap it around the tree. Did you ever do that? And did you ever make long chains of construction paper....you know where you make loops and you take one off each day? I LOVED that. In fact, that may be my project after small group tonight.

Okay, I have to work. I am being diligent today - I can feel it.
Merry merry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home