A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Monday, December 05, 2005

Container Store Issue (okay, so I did a little silly shopping today)

If you ever go to the Container Store which is quite possibly the greatest store to get lost in and create disorder in your life only to know that you have every solution available at your finger tips. - come with a list and a certain amount of money and maybe even afriend who will hold you adccountable. I make this trip...oh, bi-monthly. I walk in with no needs nor wants but you know.... just to brouse. I walk out with less than $20 worth of organizational tools that only end up adding more disorder to the mayham ((sp?) and I dont want to look it up) in my life. Here's the dilemma: you are not able to go in to the container store without thinking that you suck at life and need to spend a whole season just sorting and buying tools to help create order in a lawless, pre-marital world of old clothes, dirty clothes, clothes to return in bags, reading books, college books, self help books, gifts to give, towels to fold, towels to wash, trash to throw out, food to dispose of, pictures to hang, to do lists to get to and on and on and on. ( I am not that messy just manageably-disordered). For some reason I tend to think marriage or the next step in life (and not the container store) solves this issue though I know this is not at all truth. (Nor am I saying I want to get married tomorrow all you analytical boys who I know will turn this around.) But I do. I walk in the store, buy unjustified containers only to go home and find something to contain and then resolve that I will do all the containing I need in my next venture of life. As if it will ust take care of itself with time.

Anyway, you have been warned. Take caution before entering this madhouse of a store. Danger can occur. I have to go organize now. I bought a new shoe rack for the endless shoes in my two closets. And three other little trays that I have to go find something to be organized. Sad, Betsy, sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home