A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Monday, December 05, 2005

Fave things of the weekend

The one that must be noted is Marta. Marta was the greatest idea I had of the weekend. Dad, Charlsie and I rode Marta from Brookhaven to the game. We waited for about 5 happy minutes while greeting other dawg fans and rather unattractive people in Purple and Yellow. The train came. It smelled. Despite the hospital like smells though the ambiance was nothing short of perfect. The ride back was the golden ticket though. Now me, dad, Charlsie and my uncle running all around the dome to find the sneaky way to beat thecrowd back to Marta. We were the only ones trying to beat the crowd. Then Charlsie had her most brilliant idea to not try to beat the crowd because we had just one the greatest game of the season and of her football career and it was early and we had no where to go and Marta was fun with a crowd. Needless to say, we had to take one train to catch the other heading towads the 'burbs. Train experience #1 was fabulous. The train came and everyone pushed which was really exciting. My dad pulled me and Charlsie on and we hugged close to some friendly UGA folks. Then the crowd kept pushing and another 400 people crowded in. I went to feel for my camera and reached into a guys pocket instead. I managed to find the camera and my arm and snook a few shots of Charlsie, pom pom and collected oversized cups from the dome in tow.
MARTA definitely was the SMARTA thing to do this time. I wish I could utilize Marta more often. It makes me feel really resourceful and really good about my contribution to the city's public entities.

Other fave things:
-The confirmation from our cool neighbors at the neighborhhod party yesterday regarding our 2.5 annual Christmas Party that is coming up
-Wearing my red scarf all Saturday (and holding on to the lucky pom pom the whole night)
-Running in to all of my cajun frinds at the game - and then some after...I was so nice though.
-Down time on the couch yesterday re-reading Piper's Desiring God and catching up on Grey's Anatomy (speaking of...love the show but why all about hooking up??? I will have to replace it's rankings as my fave if it is all about the troubles that come from hooking up all the time.)
-Collard Greens from Eatzis..... two days in a row.
-Marathon walkwith Meredith on Sunday: no one esle is crazy enough to believe that only an hour and a half walk around the perimeter isn't enough for a day
-Time with my dad: the perfect game day date.
- Falling asleep to the rain lastnight.

Good stuff.
Ride Marta when you can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home