A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Monday, December 12, 2005

FOTW -MBV

You got it. It's actually been about 2 weeks so this is the bi-monthly FOTW brought to you by Orbitz gum because I have already had 3 pieces of my new fave - the light green flavored gum - and it is only 5 til 9. (I like to say time like that. In my mind alot can be done in the 5 minutes that I have til 9 and it makes me feel much more productive. I think the productivity is just an illusion these days too but it makes me feel good. And 5 til 9 or 'half past noon' or something is very eloquent. It makes me sound like a good manager of my time as well. And we are all about just sounding good. (Can you sense sarcasm on a blog? Not so sure...))

Back to Matt.

Matt is Fan of the Week for several reasons. First, Matt, amid tackling 87 papers in his 75 hours of class (numbers may be a little off but picture is there are more papers than hours) and though, he is on the road to superstardom still has time to visit the blog - which of course makes me happy, but more so still makes a lovely appearance throughout the week at social functions.

Matt makes me laugh. Giggle is better. And as you know, recently a giggle includes a snort. A giggle with a snort is a good mark of a genuinely entertaining person. My props to you. Greatest thing is he often doesnt have to say much but he still makes me laugh. I know your soul purpose, Matt, is not to make me laugh but you do. Good facial expressions is key.

Matt comes to us from the little town just north of the ATL known as Marietta. Specifically, East Cobb. Matt's got a little Auburn in him - just enough to make him aware that his allegiance is really in Athens, Ga...aka Aspen, GA....aka God's country....

Mr. Vaughan will be finishing up his educational career tomorrow and a celebration is due for sure.

Other things that you should know about Matt (and these are only a few as I, myself, have only had the pleasure of his friendship for the past few months. Beth, Holly, feel free to add (or check out www.hollyfrew.blogspot.com for a little birthday bio on our MVP -MBV).
-John Mayer fanatic
-fabulous impersonations
-Only person I know who can wear the half hat and wear it well
-Makes for a great Emu running down the sidewalk when he so chooses to use those long legs to entertain (that sounded odd) (Becca, you might recall)
-Know's seemingly every word of every rap song this side of 1995 (and can make a good duo with Mr. Dave Harp if asked) as well as any other random 1990's jingle
-Great at intentional conversation
-Loves Jesus and it shows
-Has a fabulous, enjoyable presence wherever he goes
-Just celebrated the big 2-4
-Self-proclaimed 'Funny picture taker' but in the pic below I disagree

Congrats, Matt. Enjoy the honor. You Rock!

2 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

whoa, he has been showered with love the past week. But He so deserves it! i love you, i love you, i love you!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Vaughan said...

I am so spoiled by you girls. I'll take it while I can though. Betsy, that could be our engagement photo, looking good honeydip! That might be the only existing picture not involving some contortion of my face or incriminating outfits. I was floored by your comments and flattered to be your FOTW. Thanks sweetheart!

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home