A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Thursday, December 08, 2005

This will only be funny to me & Kat

Yesterday I had one of those intense belly laughs that make you hurt each time you chuckle. I mean, all out, can't drive, can't breathe, can barely see straight, crying, burping, choking kind of laughs that only come maybe twice a year. And I love them. And the cause of the scene wasn't funny at all. No humor involve just for some reason it made me giggle and then when I heard myself giggle it made me giggle more and then more and anytime I took a breath and stopped I would start smiling again trying to contain the ruckus and then I'd burst into tears and cackles again. This little episode was just beautiful and refreshing! And I was alone which makes even the more beautiful.

Anyway, so laughing is the medicine of the soul. This a.m. Katherine (who has now been mentioned numerous times and has no reason to ever feel bad about herself) starts off my morning with this strand of emails.
Made me laugh so I wanted to share. You won't laugh I am sure - cause if I were reading it and it werent me I wouldnt laugh. Plus, I am not trying to make you laugh. My whole goal in life and in this blog is not to make you laugh.

KAT TO BETSY:
ok people....its 8:45....I can already tell its gonna be a lonnnnnnng day. lets start the emails asap. What going on? Tell me something funny. or interesting. or sad. or stupid. One... Two.... Three..... GO!

BETSY TO KAT:
You are funny and interesting and sad and stupid.
You know i'm a kidder. Okay, so my productive new self only lasted one day. One whole day! Bummer.
I need you. Why do you have to be at work already.
I need you like water needs rain I mean like flowers need the rain.


KAT TO BETSY:
hahaha.. like water needs rain. Last time I check Betsy, rain is water. Duh.
I have the early shift this week, so thats why I am here early. I like the early time better cause that means i can leave at 5. I hate work.
You can still be productive without getting up early...no fret my pet. Did you notice I made up my bed??? I dont know what came over me...but its a start to cleaning up my life.

{THIS PART HAS BEEN EDITED TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT}
Anyway, I just called Phipps to see if you have to make an appointment with Santa and you do, but I have to call back at 10...so i will ask about sunday afternoon and let you know. {YES, WE ARE GETTING OUR PICTURE WITH SANTA}
What are you doing today?


BETSY TO KAT:
{EDITED AGAIN}
You should write a book about all of the thoughts you have thought that have not come true.
I loved our walk lastnight. I felt better about life after. I love you too! 2 peas in a pod - or is it three???

Santa sounds great and I can maybe break away and do it today or Sunday I suppose.
{YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW WHAT I HAD SAID}

KAT TO BETSY:
3 peas in a pod!?!? do you have something to tell me?? are you pregnant??? Will you name it Katherine if its a girl and Henry if its a boy?? jk jk... I know loved the walk too. We are pretty funny... we should have a sitcom. Or have our own Laguna Beach, and call it The Terrace.
I love how your solution to everything is, "you should write a book." I thought when you said that, "You Wouuuld." My book would be out of control- yours would be hilarious/great.
Just let me know if when the best Santa time for you is, or we could just set up the tripod in the front yard, or if we should scratch the whole idea all together. let me know.
{EDITED AS WELL}


BETSY TO KAT:
I can see you saying and motioning "jk, jk..."
Did that make sense?
I am headed to the office now. My sleeves are too long for my jacket and I look like a goon!

KAT TO BETSY:
haha, I can see you saying, "I look like a goon" thats hilarious. I'm sure you look H-O-T hot.
{
WE"LL END IT THERE BECAUSE I LIKE THAT ENDING}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home