A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Merry

Things I have discovered this Christmas....and it is not over
-My dad hide's peanut M&M's around the house in various places.
-I don't like cheese in my eggs
-Lionel Richie and Boy George Christmas songs are comforting
-My uncle likes to bless the 'nourishes' of our body during the prayer before dinner lastnight
-A deck of cards can entertain multiple nights in a row
-Mama asks for and gets pajamas everyear but I never see them on her? What does she do with them.
-Candles are the safe gift.
-Boys get toys but I like toys too and I want a fishing pole like the boys got.
-Don't ever lose valuable items during gift opening time - they are likely to make the trash and then you have to go through all bags to find them.
-Dad likes the kind of grits that stick to your ribs.
-Family Guy DVD's were the item of choice this year.
-I am the reason for the season.
-Mama's family really just wants liquor.
-Christmas morning pictures should be illegal.
-You can never watch Christmas Vacation too much.
-Getting to church on Christmas Eve 45 minutes early is not good enough and only results in a floor seat up front.
-I have a pretty amazing voice when singing Angels we have heard on high.
-I have never had a White Christmas.
-And this is just a thought and you can answer if you want but what do 0ther non-celebrators do on Christmas Day? Especially when Christmas falls on a Sunday and there is nothing open anyway?
-Wine makes me cry and then sleep.
-Commercialized Christmas only began in the early 1800's and the wise men didnt appear til 4 years after the birth of Christ
-Half and Half and eggnog are packaged in the same cartons but when you go to be sneaky and drink straight from the carton out of the fridge and you mistake one for the other it is not a pleasant experience
-My generation may not know this but in 1968 when Apollo 8 went to the moon on Christmas Eve and the crew was asked what they saw they responded by reading from Genesis (courtesy of Buckhead Church Christmas Eve Service)
-We still have the same hand-sewn Hillybilly stockings from when I was a wee little girl and I love them!
-The whole 'Santa' thing is really wheighing on me??? I am a terrible liar and I am not sure I can put myself through lying to my children
-I want 4 kids too like my family.
-Mistletoe hasn't helped this Christmas.
-Showers are overrated.
-I can't wait to start y own traditions.
-Next year we have decided to go somewhere tropical and forego the gift giving thing.
-Watching my mama giggle is one of my favorite things in the world.
-to be continued....

Merry Christmas kids! I pray this Christmas you came a little closer to the real thing.

Side note: I have about 6 days remaing of '05 and according to the name of this blog - I was supposed to thrive. I did. Just not in ways I imagined. The blog may have to be renamed or hyphenated for '06...any suggestions????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home