A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Friday, January 06, 2006

Irish Creme and Winsor Pilates

Perfect combo on a Friday night I think. I have a mega headache and a slight fever but even without the ailments I would have chosen stolen Irish Creme and Pilates tonight. You got it - stolen and therefore enjoying it even more. Better yet - stolen from my sweet gransmother during the Dirty Santa game Christmas Eve. All she really wanted out of the package was the 5 lbs of coffee beans but I stole the whole darn thing from her for the Irish Creme that came with the aforementioned item of my mawmaw's desire. No worries, she ended up with a Country stuffed cow to adorn any couch and a gas card to QT for $10. So i stole it and then I didnt even share it. Christmas afternoon dad and mom had cleaned up the kitchen and we were chatting in the living room and I wanted some of my prized spirits in my coffee. I gracefuly opened the bottle, splashed it in my mug and entered back into conversation. Nearly 4 minutes later dad adds that yes, he may help me put together my grill that Santa gave me if I had shared my Irish Creme. Honestly, and this is what is terrible, it didnt cross my mind. So not only did I steal it, I didnt share it, then hid it so the New Years Eve party at my house that I was not here for would not partake and now it is being enjoyed under perfect circumstances.....cold Friday, quiet, throbbing headache and Winsor Pilates on the screen which leads to part deux of this little blurb.
I have vetoed any Friday night matters to sit uninterrupted alone in my cozy house with my cozy Irish Creme. I have also vowed to make my knees better this year and I feel strongly that Pilates is the answer. Therefore, I changed my clothes and turned on the Pilates video and now have succesfully watched them cycle through twice on my big screen t.v. Did I even attempt to lay on the floor? No. I am just watching the excercise videos as if it were the newest Gray's Anatomy and sipping on my most excellent cup of java splashed with a little Irish love. Everything about this video is peaceful. Just watching makes me feel good about my body and my life - I mean I could be out doing something meaningless but I have chosen not to.

I think Irish Creme makes me sleepy. Sleepy and happy. . .Can this stuff subsitute half and hald in the mornings?
9:10pm bedtime on a glorious Friday night! I love this new me that I feel coming on as a result of everything from last year......How freeing it is to choose what it is I will and will not do. Just the act of saying No is liberating. The video is telling me to breathe....I must go.....I need to concentrate. I have always loved Ireland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home