A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Thursday, January 05, 2006

It’s a New year….I think I’ll try some things different

In years past I have thought myself to be pretty spectacular ending the year and therefore saw no need To resolve to do anything much different in the new year. Let’s be honest, I have probably been too prideful too to realize there were some things that could have used fixin. But this year is different. Completely.
What a year 2k5 was. Youll have to buy the book if you ever want the full scoop but that is only if I decide to ever rehash it – it was that…..trying….challenging…..shaping….to not really want to go there again.
All I know is this year I am enabling myself (though this is somewhat a lie because it really has nothing to do with me) to do bigger and better things and to build from what I took from this year. Here are some of the things I will take:
-Coloring on a Friday night is just fine and is cheap therapy
-Chocolate chip cookies in excess go straight to the butt
-There is no exercise like running and when you can’t do it it is torture.
-Working hard and working smart are 2 totally different things and one will kill you and lead to burn out.
-Commission sales is where I need to stay if I want to continue to travel and do missions as much as I would like
-10 lbs comes fast and out of nowhere
-Some friends can be brand new friends but they hold you up and invest in you like you’ve been there since grade school
-Routines and good habits are much easier to break than to build
-Quiet time with God in the morning is the ONLY true way to start the day right
-Having family close is invaluable
-God gives anyone a second chance (and a third and fourth…)-
-Good music is the key to my heart
-I don't want to want anything that will take away from me experiencing the fullness of God


Okay, confession, so I wrote this a few days ago while at Passion and saved it to be continued and then posted. It is now being posted without being reread. Next post titled: The year for which I am most thankful.
I am so excited to get these newthoughts on paper! I can hardly contain myself. Hold tight....

Talk to you soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Bets! I am so glad you had a great New Year's celebration in Nashville. Then again, it's not hard to beat getting a speeding ticket in the middle of po-dunk SC at 6:00 am on New Year's Day, is it? :) Memories! Funny thing happened a minute ago...I was trying to leave you this post and somehow ended up creating my own blog. I don't know how well it will go, but I'll give it a try. You make it look so fun. I miss you and can't wait for you to actually return a phone call one of these days. :) Talk to you soon! -your doctor friend

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home