A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Lovely Sunday

I had such a fabulous Sunday. It is now half past 11 (I love saying it that way!) and there is not a hair on my body that wants to go to sleep. I spent the day with mama, Carter and ML at church, lunch, and then playing around Lenox. This is a big deal. Mama doesnt travel past OK Cafe unless I come pick her up. She doesn't do the 'city' real well.....Needless to say, it is always entertaining when I bring her down here. We had a blast and I left them this afternoon and my dimples hurt (if that is possible and if I even have dimples???) What a treat to get to spend the day with the loves of my life!
After church I headed to Inside Out to hang with the coolest 9th grade girls in America. Then one of the girls in our group had invited myself and Paige, the other leader in our group, to eat dinner and play games. I love to play games on a Sunday night or any night for that matter. What a fun family! I look forward to someday playing games with my own family.....this could be many a days away which is perfect but nonetheless, I can't wait to be entertained by my own family and sit and tell embarrassing stories about eachother. I always seem to win when we tell embarrassing stories but I rarely get embarrassed - things just to tend to happen to me that would devastate the rest of the free world. It's a true thing about getting older - you just don't care.

ANyway, though I am not the least bit tired I am going to go get in my perfect newly washed 900 thread count sheets and read my latest: The Alchemist???? Anyone read this one? This is one of those dejavu (sp??) things where I know I have started this book before but can't recall one thing about it. It's a short read. Reviews to come.

Umm....along the same lines.....Praise God for the weather today! After I looked like a fool on Thursday in Nashville in my mini skirt (all because I overheard some wise-looking boys stating the night prior that the next day they would wear shorts and flipflops and so I followed suit without question) when the weather was in the low 30's - it was nice to have a little taste of warmer weather today. I am a naturalist. I like nudity and pretty weather. Enough said.
G'night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home