A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Friday, January 13, 2006

I have been tempted badly these days to do something I know I shouldnt do - not because it is so terrible or wrong just not the right thing right now. But I have wanted to really really bad and can't seem to get it out of my head til I just do it. I figured public confession could rid me of the urge to __________ . But it is not helping. It is only making it worse as I write about it. Yes, to the practical, prayer could work but even prayer doesnt mean the urge will go away. I am even trying to justify why I might should ___________________. It is my birthday in 2 days???? Isn't that the free pass to do things consequence, guilt and calorie free???? (This has nothing to do with an eating indulgence).
Hopefully, the report in 2 days will be that through lots of drugs and prayer and hypnotism I resisted.... but I am feeling doubtful. ( I really dont believe in drugs either for all of you lost people I don't know who are reading this thinking that I am confirming the use of drugs for minor issues. I don't. I have a hard time eating a tums when I need to - so I am definitely not soliciting the use of ilegal substances. Then again, in this scenario - they may be needed!)
I am going to busy myself atleast for the afternoon to hopefully prolong the urge.
Bad bad bad bad Betsy. Bad! (On a scale of 1-10 this is actually like a 3 in the rank of not-great-ideas-that-betsy-could-have but everything in my world is overdramatic!)

Don't do it. Dont, Betsy. Good things come to those who wait. Patience is a virtue. Kill a bird with a stone, pin a rose on my nose, don't count the chickens before they hatch.... I need all of those virtues right now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home