A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Sunday, January 22, 2006

I skipped again

I set out my front door today amid the mist and clouds for a mini-jog. During the fall of '04 (sounds like 'back in 'Nam' ...it was so long ago....) I would set out to jog or hike the trails of Kennesaw Mountain which happens to be one of my favorite places. Without hesitation nor meditation I would turn on to the trail, put on my earphones which connected to my beloved MP3 player at the time (Ipod's didnt exist). The oldschool MP3 players had the songs in order and no random play was allowed so every jog started out the same, a little Al Green: Let's Stay Together. And without a thought I would do a little shimmy down the first part of the trail. The shimmy eventually turned into a skip. I would shimmy and skip and smile and dance and sing and eventauly jog like the trails were all my own. It was not that any certain event happened - it wasn't either that it was a good day or pretty weather...I just felt amazing on the inside. The funny thing is I dont remember stopping the skipping until today. Today I skipped for the first time in well over a year as I walked outside to enjoy God's creation and I realized that it had been way too long. Really, the skiping isnt conscious. It's an overflow of the inside. Only today I do know there are some specific things going on because I know what God is up to. I don't know that I can put words to it so that is why I skip.

If you know me, you know this is a big day! Praise God for skipping, unconsciously and dancing in the streets just because it feels that good to show the world the peace that only God brings!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home