A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Mad at ABC

First of all, a few things are important on t.v and this is not debatable. One: Grey's Anatomy especially when there is a Code black. There was a flippin Code Black at the SanDiego hospital and Meredith Grey had her hand in a man's chest while Izzy was kissin boys in the closet but no.....the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Seattle Sea Turtles or something were playing a little too much football. Did anyone actually care about that little game of football? Not really. So, yes, ABC, eventually aired the most nerve-wracking episode to date but it didnt even end til 11:40 and I wasnt happy.

Worse: I get up early, work out, do lots of good work today -very efficiently - so I can come home just in time to see Faith Hill and Tim McGraw's first tv interview together on Oprah. I turn on ABC to find Michael Bolton of all goobers singing at Coretta Scott King's Memorial Service. I am in no way saying she shouldnt be honored properly for her role in keeping peace and the legacy of Mr. MLKjr going strong. . .but does it honestly have to be during the prime time interview of the year. I am mad - really. And, yes, I have Tivo and I dont have to watch the show now but even later I am going to want to go turn on my beloved show and have to watch Mr. Bolton and some lyrical dancers again. I came home for this. Supposedly, Tim lights up when he sees Faith and they blush and it is so great on the previews and so hopefull for the rest of us hopeless romantics who want a Tim all to ourselves. Hasn't CSK had 3 or 4 memorial services since she passed? Dekalb schools were out of school for this hoopla today. I can't speak of it anymore - I am getting more frustrated. Maybe there is a function on Tivo that will allow me to view the regularly scheduled program???I'm going to figure this out. Please help if you can.

Frustrated in ATl, GA,
bn

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I know! I stopped what I was in the middle of and turned on the TV just to watch that interview...and saw the same thing...I'm bummed.

5:09 PM  
Blogger miclmiclmtrcycl said...

They showed Oprah here in Charleston. The civil rights movement still hasn't quite caught on here anyway. Hell, half of us are still fighting the war.

What's worse is how they turned the whole "memorial" into a political platform. Politicians... ugh.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home