A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Friday, March 04, 2005

Orange County

I want to go there. Lastnight, Marissa ran into Paris Hilton just going into a club. I dont really like Paris Hilton nor do I like clubs but I want to go to Orange County. As we speak, I am "working" with my Ipod earphones in listening to the OC theme song......take me away!

I don't even know if it is warm there now but the attire always seems to be sleevless tee's and loose skirts...my kind of stuff.

I am really not working right now either. I am looking at flights on Delta to go somewhere tropical. My soul mate - Ashley Abide- has her spring break in a few weeks and needs a week away from the books. I need a week away from everything. I found this place called Royal Hideaway and everything about just the title makes my mouth water. Where would you go if you could get away? I'd like suggestions of places you may have been because I don't want to be a guinnypig. I want to go, turn off my cell phone and just sit.

Back to Orange County. Ask Charlsie or Callie or Katie - I have never been known to watch tv. In college I loved when I would try to be like Charlsie and sit and watch a movie or two or sit and watch a few hours of mindless tv and eat chocolate- it was very freeing but I wasnt good at it. Not now. It's weird but honestly, the highlight of my week is Thursday nights. Hip hop with Peter - the gayest Southern boy youve ever met. I'd marry him if he liked girls. Then I head home, eat some cereal and sit down in front of the oversized tv and watch the OC. Tivo lets me pause it if I have to get up to go the bathroom or replay Cohen and Summer's kiss last week as many times as I want. I think the plot is extremely cheesy and unrealistic and often I have a hard time with shows like that. But some kind of stage I am in right now - likes more than anything the fictional plot (every character is somehow related and it is way too far from Alabama for this to be true) and the glitz and glam of the OC lifestyle. Really, I just like Cohen. I like the cury, dark hair. And I am obsessed with his quirkiness and confidence. Am I allowed to be seriously interested in highschool boys?

California here I come! Looking out for number 1....

1 Comments:

Blogger Gray said...

Betsy,
If you ever need someone to go to the O.C. with you then let me know. I think that I could definetly get used to it.
g.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home