A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Monday, February 20, 2006

Is anyone else working today?

There are 4 people on my floor today and since I celebrated Presidents day on Friday by skipping work and taking salsa lessons - I am here today. Since I am here I am going to make the most of it and try to write down lists of things. Here we go:
These are some things I need to get done soon. If you have any suggestions and/or contacts don't hold back...
-My complicated taxes being that they are 100% commission based and I have weird write offs
-Fix the boo boo on the back of my car that has been there since last March
-Find a flight that is not $600 for St. Patricks day - I am going to visit my favorite Texan, Julia, in Austin
-Start getting scuba diving lessons and certification for trip to West Palm in May
-Find someone who can instruct me on what to do with stocks. Yes, I was a finance major but these paper certificates are not doing much good as placemats right now.
-Go to the dentist
-Oopss.....before going to the dentist......start flossing daily in stead of every other day for atleast 30 days so they can believe me when I tell them my flossing habits (Is this gross? I think 3 to 4 times aweek is probably better than your record?!?)
-Attend class at Dallas theological to see if this is something I can make some time for this summer
-Sleep! This weekend I willbe with 17 fourteen year olds for 72 hours straight. I must prepare. Anyone know the cool thing to do with 14 year old girls these days? I am assumming anything that has to do with boys????
-Drink 2 more glasses of water a day
-Need to start getting up even earier than 6 to read in the mornings. Quiet time at night just doesnt work unless you want to end up sleeping with your lights on and pages stuck to your face.

People I need to thank for reason's unexplained and or send belated birthday wishes to:
-2 anonymous flower senders for Valentines Day (to the Terrace girls)
-Beth P
-My Nana
-Mama
-Melissa M
-April (dear friend from highschool that I ran into)

Stuff I like RIGHT now:
-Diet cherry coke
-70 degree weather
-Facebook
-Madlibs
-Tivo'd Grey's anatomy
-Salsa dancing
-loose fitting pants
-TheAlchemist - my latest read
-Ray Lamontagne
-fresh sheets
-anyone who rings my phone actually looking to use my services (immediatly would be nice)
-double decker brownies
-Edamame
-my clean smelling hair
-personal handwritten mail
-Our secret admirers who sent the perfect flowers for V-day
-Sweet mint Orbit gum
-alone time at my house

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home