A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Funk-aholic

I am addicted. I absolutely live for my dance classes Thursday and Friday nights. I love that none of you go there. I mean I would love if you wanted to come but I when I am there I love that I know no one. I love that even though the mirrors are all around I try not to look at them because when I forget they are there something let's go inside of me and any funk that I have tries to escape. Let's be honest though - I have no 'funk' what so ever unless we are talking about the funky chicken. Needless, I don't care a bit and I love that more.
occasionally, when I do notice my funky self in the mirror I say to myself: self - you are pretty dang hot! How does it feel to be so extremely funky and so extremely good looking?

I'm not kidding.

I am not saying either that this is true but anyone who comes into funk walks out a rockstar. You can't walk in and not walk out a changed man.

I really did always want to be a dancer in the parades at Disney when I grew up. Now that I am a big kid with little to no grace nor rhythm I am so glad there are places for the movement-impaired to go to get out all of my displaced energy.

Tomorrow is salsa dancing in the am and cardio-funk in the afternoon. If you would like to ask me to go out tomorrow night after funk to go dancing I will say yes. You can pick me up. I'll wear tall shoes and I'll let you lead. You dont even have to have asked me out with 24 hours notice. No rules here. Just a girl wanting to go out tomorrow night with a boy whom she finds entertaining and boy must be willing to shake what his mama gave him. After we will go to Krystal and get a sack cause that is my favorite late-night indulgence after a night out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

So, did Mr. Entertainment call you to go dancing? If he did, tell him to take me next time - but in like 2 to 3 weeks. I LOVE SALSA DANCING! Most any kind of dancing, I'm down for. I want to go to that class with you ok? Both of em. Thanks b.

3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home