A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Thanks Holly

When each day is the same as the next, it's because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives each day that the sun rises.

This is from my favorite book that I had given to two of my dear friends to read while in Africa. Well, 4 months later but perfectly timed, Holly (click on link to read today's post 7.12.06)) was able to finish it and in more perfect timing, she reminded me today on her blog of so many lessons that I learned while reading. Obviously, per my previous post....I was looking for some fresh perspectiveve and found it. I pray for a thankful heart so that in even the mildewing shower I can find joy! One of my favorite worship songs is "I will not forget you" on the Enter the Worship Circle cd. Here are the words...Let it be my prayer today!

Many men will drink the rain
And turn to thank the clouds
Many men will hear you speak
But they will never turn around

I will not forget you
You are my God my King
With a thankful heart I bring my offering
And my sacrifice is not what you can give
But what I alone can give to you

Chorus
A grateful heart I give
A thankful prayer I pray
A wild dance I dance before you
A loud song I sing
A huge bell I ring
A life of praise I live before you

1 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Betsy...Thank you so much for this book and your encouragement. You have no idea how much I heart you!!!

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home