A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Could it be

Ever since I somehow found myself taking a mini trip to Dallas, Texas that is, this past March everything has seemed to go wrong... or right. I cant tell which it is at the moment and like everything, it is all about perspective. I went on a whim to visit a graduate school of theology. I loved it. I even loved Christy, the angel-counselor who happened to be in that day even though the students were on break. I also visited my native-Texas friends in Dallas and Austin. Fabulous trip. I even managed a chauffeur from the airport and anytime you are greeted at the airport you know it was a good trip. Needless, the trip did many things. But one thing it did for certain was propel me to seriously consider applying for school. You know the story from here. I did. Everyone told me it was impossible to get in - good thing this was after I applied and really, I don't think this is true. Then, I didn't think I got in. Then, miraculously and at the perfect moment I found out last Thursday that I did in fact get in and that I had 2 weeks to make some decisions. No thoughts of moving to Texas. Yet. Just decisions as to my direction and if my little compass leads me back to school (WHAT? Are you for real? Would you really consider going back to school, starting to accrue debt??? There is alot that goes with this, Betsy....) then that changes many other factors. So I took the weekend to just celebrate the good news. And that I did. Fabulous fellowship with fabulous friends all weekend leading right into a fabulous small group (bible study type group for those of you not-so-familiar readers). I want to go! I really want to go to Dallas to be honest but I know that is not the path at the moment. I now have the opportunity in front of me that I have wanted and I have a legit reason to alter from my path of successful career girl. What is stopping me???? Fear. For real. I am being so honest. Fear of what? I don't know. Fear. Some fear is natural. Fear of God. Kempis says "what good is knowledge without fear of God?" And a dear friend stated last week that she couldn't even imagine how rich our lives would be if we really feared God alone. If we didn't fear failure or loneliness or consequences but in everything if we truly just feared God...What would this look like? I want to know. In the midst of these decisions, the neatest things have happened. I wont recall all but for starters, I have had the most random emails and comments on the blog regarding these recent turn of events. Complete strangers. How cool that the body of Christ truly is that - a body. And it chooses to act on behalf of the body. I am so grateful for the encouragement I have received post the decision to even step out on faith and apply.
Could it be that as Kat says - I'll be riding the school bus and taking sack lunches to school in the fall? ( I love when my mama used to make me sack lunches and occasionally write cheesy things on my napkin. I hope Kat will do the same.) I wouldn't have conceived it for one second a year ago. I probably couldn't have conceived anything regarding grave matters at that time.

I am leaving on a jet plane. I don't know when all be back again.
Seriously.
Saturday morning out and I haven't even glanced at the details to see when I return. All I know is that the ocean is calling. I cant wait to sit on the beach in front of the amazingly turquoise water and just watch the ocean be the ocean. There is something so powerful as I have said before when we just do what we are created to do. I have been awaiting this opportunity to do what it is the Lord created me to do. Now it is here. For real, what am I waiting for?

PBI here we come. I love the 4th of July and watermelon and hotdogs and I love the fireworks on the Marietta square the most (sad to miss it this year.) I love being with my family. I love listening to cheesy American songs and watching everyone around feel the same pride I do. I love cookouts and cold cold cold beer and getting a little sun on my cheek's. America, bless God this week.
Bienvenidos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home