A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Step 4. Complete. Exhilerated.

I can't go into length about this one but trust me - Step 4 in the TMI-DETOX is well underway and it couldnt be more perfect. Put it this way - you make something unavailble to you (like hiding things from yourself)and just it's absence is freeing.

If you haven't been following this little sequence you are probably a little confused - rightfully so. Just be happy for me - I'm cutting many strings that need to be cut and going back into shady-Betsy mode. I'll report the results from this Detox at a later date.

On other more fabulous notes, I worked til midnight and at the least made a great list of priorities to do today. Then, on the way home I had the most perfect date with Doctor Abide. She is the perfect ending to a not so perfect day. She reminded me about my own advise about perspective. As I have said often, things are always the same: it's just a matter of how you look at them. Often I am quick to thank God for my blessings but then really wish that these blessings weren't mine and that I was blessed in other ways. I am being honest and I know if you were to be honest too you would concur. Of course, this is my sinful nature. Thankfully, God understands that I cant quite understand the timing of His blessings and that my young and feeble mind cant quite conceive the plans He has for me. Plans to prosper and not to harm. This morning I woke up and literally got on my knees and thanked God for the blessings that I am experiencing right now. Really, everything is a blessing. It's not like if things arent so smooth sailing we are going to not be thankful. In every circumstance we can find gratitude because grace is always at an abundance. Never will His grace leave me. The Terrace girls have really been soaking up this lesson lately. We have an amazing home-life, really. We live with incredible girls and just walking into that house turns my heart into mush. Really. How fun that we have found such a friendship and such a family in our little abode. I know at times we think that the next stages of life couldnt come any quicker but recently we have tried to litterally sit and soak up every moment of this stage. Every laugh, every joke, every crumb on the floor, ever exciting opportunity to have a house-hunt for a rodent, every tear, every seemlingly silly conversation, every late night on the porch, every morning-smile when we first get up. Life is sweet. Life is so sweet and I just know that there will be a day in the near future where we would do anything to sit on smelly couch and laugh at eachother. So, thank you, Ashley, thank you God, thank you Terrace for the simple daily reminders that help keep my perspective inline. I am going home again today to lay in the grass and eat lunch. Hopefully Catie will join me - I love our unexpected lunch dates.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

WOW. How cool is it that this is also my word of the day??! Man, I totally echo all of your excitements! Life, the mystery, the uncertainty of today and tomorrow - its all an exciting adventure! Nothing is dreary when we are in Christ b/c He makes all things new! There isn't a dark cloud in the sky that His penetrating rays can't shine through for His glory. I'm right there with you in exhilaration. The Lord Christ is our King - and we can either choose to radiate His excellence or focus on ourselves and wallow in our self-consumption and doubt.

I'm glad to be a fellow optimist on your team Bets! Also glad you've read my new fave book - Seizing Your Divine Moment. Seriously, bring it Erwin. I'm captivated. Did I just write all this? Ok, time to go back to email replying.

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home