A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

And the winning question was

Name 4 of the 7 major league teams - any sport- that have a Y in their names. Quick hint: the forty-niners do not count because it is the 49ers technically.

So that was the final question tonight for our night of trivia. We won the question got the 15 points but somehow between round 1 and 2 I think Bud Light won over our team "Triple D/C/B, Pick roll and flick, team- your boytfriend thinks we are hot, and half-beer hammered". Yes - we changed our name each round. Needlesss, we went from 1st to tied for 6th place. Boo on the pen-ultimate question regarding Tom Hanks' third academy award for what major motion picture? If you guess Philidelphia or Forest Gump you are losers like our team "pick, roll and flick." (This is gross I know but how often do you see....or lets say how often do you not see a man gold-digging in his car? Never. I cant go a day without watching some fairly attractive man go to town in his own nose. Ewwwww.)
Anywho, 6th aint so bad for my first night back at trivia in ages. I love Wednesday night trivia! I am so happy to be right where I am right in this moment ( I mean not necessarily right now though the 900 thread count sheets and oversized t-shirt is pretty fabulous.)It's on a grander scale, I am content just being right where I am, at the Terrace, constantly among friends, entertainment at my finge tips but also a nice quiet night readily available, good food in any direction...simple pleasures. I really feel invigorated by each day because I just see God's hand molding me for whatever phase is next. How soothing. How undeserving. Your omnipotence overshadows any sincere fear or doubt I might have....(and the omnipotence of google when you are trying to find out how many top 40 hits Skid Row had in the 90's amazes me too! No, we didnt cheat - we just checked our answer after. Promise.)

Sleep with angels, kids. Why am I not tired.

Sincerely,
Team DDD/C/B's chief cheerleader (that was about all I was good for tonight!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home