A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Monday, June 05, 2006

It's like forgetting you left a 20 in your pocket

when you open up one of your desk drawers that never gets opened and realized one of your prized possessions is hiding in there. You can't fathom the smile on my face right now. I am a little hungry and my tummy is craving something - and not just any something - animal crackers and a diet cherry coke! Just what the body ordered! I am dreading having to walk to Kroger because I am in a good working mode (hence the blgging in the middle of the day) and I knew I just couldnt leave. But what ever would I do about the little gremlin in my stomach if I cant leave the office but more so what ever coud I do about my insatiable desire for my favorite dynamic duo??? I was starting to picture the little four legged creatures dancing their way into my mouth (just a few of them...)and then I happen to open my drawer for no obvious reason only to find a little grocery bag nestled some files. Inside is a bottled Diet cherry coke (nectar from the gods) - upopened - score, and an unopened bag of animal crackers - score again and....a fresh pack of Orbitz (the cool kids gum) sweet mint gum. Hallelujiah! This is reason to celebrate the day! I love finding things I have hidden from myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I'm equally excited when I find a long lost lip gloss in a purse I haven't used in a while. Well, used to at least. Now I don't wear lip gloss really, in afreak-a, but I totally understand your elation. For me, this would be like finding a box of cadbury chocolate covered brazil nuts. MMMMMMmmmm yummy...

4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home