A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Saturday, June 10, 2006

So good

So many things are so good. So many things are always so good. So much of me wants to explode because so many things are so good. You say, great Bets, but what about when they are not so good....I say, even the not so good is so good. It is so good when we allow Christ to dwell in us. The word dwell makes everything in me just relax. The very word in its self sounds stable and constant and powerful all the same. It is somewhat intidating as well because it sounds permanant. Often I am not good with permanant. Commitment issues - maybe. BUt I am at ease with the thoughts that something might choose to dwell inside of me despite what else may be in there. Often we think we have to purge everything and get it all right before we allow our lives to to exemplify Christ. Just the opposite, we dont have to rid everything bad or wait until one day when we are finally clean enough or holy enough or pure enough or good enough. I will never be enough of anything if that is what it is about. Thank You for choosing to dwell inside of me and to use my habds and my voice and my eyes to do good things. Things are good because you are good inside of me. I am at that place of utmost desire. That place where your whole body is aware of that which dwell in it and it is energized. I can feel energy all the way through my fingertips and all the way down to my bum ankle (another story but yes it is fat and bruised). It's like ceaseless moments just like the one after you have spent all night in fabuous conversation with a new person of interest...when the stars seems to be out just for you two and when nothing could be anymore filling than that exact moment and where your insides kinda turn because you know as soon as you start looking at the time it will sure enough have to end. Everything good has to end. Not Christ dwelling in us. This is eternal. This is the culmination of all of those moments altogether and but they never end and they are coupled with the perfect head rub and the perfect latte in the perfect mug with the perfect music on. Christ alive in me is the good stuff. And it is so much sweeter than anything on earth because we receive it when we dont deserve it!

I'm cleaning the house today and I havent seen civilazation but I couldnt be more at peace. The music is on the ipod, windows open, my ankle is still very fat and I have the anticipation of a birthday party for 3 of my favorite boys tonight! I love anticipation - I don't hide it. I hope you are making the most of this amazing Saturday. Carpe diem bella! (Yes, a little latin and Italian - I know.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home