A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Step 2

Minimized profile on Facebook. Check.

2 blog visits per day = Step 3. Today I cheated and did three - Stew, Beth and Holly and Dalton (post your pics, Dalton!)Tomorrow - 2 so you bloggers better make em good.
Step 4 - partially completed...minimized Google-talk during the day. Life was just a little simpler today. I am not feeling so suffocated by information and the latest Atlanta happenings.

I think this is going to be a good idea. And don't worry mama - 2-5:My Year to Thrive is really part of my daily sanity and daily worship - it's here to stay atleast for the time being.

BTW, tomorrow has to be a productive day at work. Today I finished a book. Can I say that online? I did. I sat and read a book because I needed some space in my head and I couldnt make myself do anything that had to do with money and lending. I read or write to get rid of any monkeys (it's a Kneeve thing) in my head. I'll make it up tomorrow. Hold me to this. I hate feeling behind at work.

And now I just need to talk.....I am ready for a vacation - the 4th couldnt come any sooner! I hope it rains tomorrow. I love chickfila milkshakes. I am obsessed with running. I cant wait to check my mail tomorrow. I am looking forward to Thursday evening and tomorrow's trivia championship. I love pilates. I miss my dad. I love my hair when it dries wet. I want to giggle with someone til my belly hurts. I love the cool weather tonight. I am missing my favorite pair of socks. Quique, the Latin Lover, aka my stuffed-fat-bellied rabbit is one of my favorite objects I own. I heart Katie, my wife, and find it a previledge that someone has known me so long and so well and still cares to know me more. Mama makes the best turkey sandwiches - I miss her homemade sandwiches. I hate luke warm things. I don't like tension and don't deal well with conflict. I want to buy a new bed at the Herloom bed company on the square but still use my same 900 thread count sheets. I wish Dalton would send out the pictures from the fabulous birthday party this weekend. I am going to Keb Mo at Chastain next Tuesday and I can already feel the joy and relaxation creeping in my belly. Joy because I am going with one of my favorite people and relaxation because you cant help but do that under the stars at Chastain. My favorite beer is Sweet Water Summer Brew????Is that what it is called? When Bethie gets back I cant wait to drink a beer with her and have deep conversation. I love she-crab soup and anything Charleston, including my dearest Bohemians. I want more than anything my life to be the truest reflection of Christ that some people may ever experience. I want that so badly it ignites me and fuels me and I just pray it ignites me enough to act. I have a big decision to make possibly though God might make it for me. I am scared. I never am scared. Goodnight.

2 Comments:

Blogger charlsiekate said...

You need to get a blogroll. I'll set it up for you, just give me a few minutes.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Bets - I read in I John 4 about fear and I felt liberated b/c I'm also a fearful one. Many revelations have come about. Praise God! OK, anyways, vs. 18: There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

God is love and He lives in us baby! Don't be skeered! His perfect atoning love drives out all fear. Don't let the devil put that dark cloud over you!

OK, yes - sweet water summer brew -its a date! I also like 420. Is that the same thing? Can't wait to bask in deep convo with you!

You better have been productive today!

OK, on to the next blog.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home