A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Nothing by chance

It's not merely a luck of the draw that I am sitting on my parent's back porch on a random Tuesday in October. My parents are travelling in Europe and I am doing a terrible job of attending to my teenage sister. No worries, mama, no parties or body piercings that I know of, I only forgot she needed lunch yesterday - that's all. I needed this week with my sister though. I couldn't have timed our week together any more perfectly. Busyness is no excuse for any relationship but recently without admitting it it has been my excuse with many people I adore. Every relationship that means anything to us has to be worked on more than a few times a year. It is extrememly inconvenient playing mom for a week when everything you do happens within a 4 mile radius inside the perimeter. It is inconvenient too trying to secure any type of business for the month. I am truly blessed by the inconvenience though. Amid my 'single' lifestyle - It is so refreshing to have someone else to worry about during the day. I am so grateful that I am where I am in my career that I can casually work from remotely this week and really enjoy having some responsibility aside from caring for myself.
Yesterday, too, an unexpected gift landed in my lap. I almost hate to even mention it due to the whole counting chickens theory. This sounds routine to anyone in my business but I know it isnt just chance that a huge chunk of my October business literally landed on my doorstep! People in my industry would point to the 3 years I have worked hard for opportunities like the one I received yesterday to come my way. But this was nothing I did, really. My good fortune yesterday is alot more than just a good number to put on the sales board. It is much more than a paycheck as well. I am sure I do not even know fully the effects but I do know it is more than just another sale. It is God knowing I needed the confidence. It is Him knowing that this small step was a critical part of a story He is putting together involving my career direction. I am not sure where things are headed. I couldnt even tell you what might happen tomorrow but I know there is a plan. I know I was called to be used boldly. "Called" sounds kinda silly. I didn't hear anything but I have been confirmed when I dont even deserve confirmation that God wants to use me mightly to do His work here on earth. There is no better an opportunity than to know your passions and skills are being used for God's glory. There is no greater rush to your veins than feeling like you are right in the middle of God's will for your life.
I'm not there but I am motivated by the energy that I feel when I am.

There is only one response to this and it is not by chance that a dear friend of mine emailed this to me about 45 minutes ago. Thank You for eveidence of Your hand in my life.

I will thank you, Lord, with all my heart;
I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done.
I will be filled with joy because of you.
I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.
(Psalm 9:1)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home