A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Athens =Heaven

I went to Athens last Friday to check up on things. Arches, still there. Five Star Day, still there. Theta Mansion...sitting quite nicely. Charlsie, yes, still there. Athens makes you smile.
It just does - you drive in on Atlanta Highway whic becomes University highway and turns into Broad Street at just the right point. Once you see the Red V on the Left of Broad and corner of Milledge....you know you are home.
We went to Depalmas, one of my top 5 restaraunts, with Charlsie's new law school friends. Charlsie always has new friends. She says I was her first friend ever in college. That is a big title to have and I will wear it well. I had a crush on her when I met her and I followed her around.
Just as I did Friday night because I no longer knew the places to go - not did I really care to go to them. Honestly, I wasn't the most exciting visitor. After a week in the working world - Friday nights are just not doable. Needless to say, I was drinking coffee at dinner like my grandmother does.
Saturday I went to Cookies and Company with my brother! Instant Happiness! Oh how I adore the little pressed sandwiches and yummy cookies. I even went back before I left and bought a few more for the road.
Athens misses me - I can tell. Hopefully in another life I will live there with my hubby and a few chil'rens....

2 Comments:

Blogger charlsiekate said...

Athens misses you a lot. I miss you even more. I'm so glad that you came to visit, it was so awesome to see you. I love you to death.

p.s. I had a crush on you when I first met you too.

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i too enjoy Athens for many reasons..I got engaged there, ate at the Varsity often since I lived in the A D Pi house. Youare at home there too! Love, Mom

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home