A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The best Birthday surprise EVER...

And it wasn't even my birthday.
That is how cool my friends are in Atlanta.
One of my dearest friends and basically the other side of my heart - celebrated her big 2-5 yesterday. Luckily, a group of us got to semi-pre-celebrate her birthday and another dear friend, Meredith's birthday, last Friday. That wasn't the official celebration though. Yesterday was the real deal.Of all days to be deathly sick, she was and of all days for my mananger to ask that I complete a 7 hour online course - he did. Needless to say I missed hers and Merediths true birthday celebration lastnight. I was really down as I left the office at 9:20 lastnight. I was glad that I completed some tasks that I had been snoozing in outlook for weeks now and I completed the course for the most part but,really, of all nights?????
Well, that didnt stop Ms. Robin. After her celebration at Treehouse, she and Jenni (the ultimate of party planners) stopped by the Terrace. I was so thrilled just to hug her now 25 year old neck. She and Jenni looked ravishing too....Boys, apply through me - these 2 have got it going on.
Anyway, Jenni and Robin both seemed very anxious about their surprise stop-by. And they should have been for what would ensue......Robin hands me a lovely gift bag and I pull out a heavy round mysterious object wrapped in tissue paper. I am real confused at this point.....Not my birthday and nor was I even a good friend yesterday to deserve any special attention....More so, heavy glass object? What? Robin was about to pee in her pants so I quickly opened the bundle of joy and almost dropped it with excitement once it was unwrapped. Of all prefect gifts I have ever received- this one takes the prize. In my hands sat a mini Sangria pitcher almost mirroring the one we used Friday night at Rosa Mexicana during our fabulous Friday night on the town. This thing is even more perfect than the one I tried to steal Friday night....it has a little more detail and is actually glass not acrylic like at Rosa Mexicana. Do you understand how cool this is???? Robin stumbled upon it in an antiques market and I guess to ensure I didn't embarrass us again by trying to walk away with the restaurants dishes...she purchased the gift for me. I really felt so loved and so blessed lastnight.....First of all,a special pop-by by two of my favorite people and then the rarest of all prizes just for me! On top of that,Robin was so sick yesterday and still came by the Terrace late night. Do you know I spent the last two days googling every type of water pitcher that could be found?

So I got up this morning and went running and the whole run I couldn't wait to get home to pour some milk in my new mini-fabulous-antique-christened by Robin-pitcher. It's the little things you know? You will want to see this thing so either get yourself invited to dinner or cookies and milk at my house or check out the pictures that I will post later.

I heart my new pitcher. I heart Robin and Jenni more. Today is a good day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin Johnsey said...

You make me smile, and I heart Betsy forever and ever amen!

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home