A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Monday, April 17, 2006

Blogworthy

I prayed for productivity today and I think it is going to happen....therefore, this will be short. It pains me to say that.

Yesterday knocked my socks off. After the most amazing, productive yet perfectly relaxing Saturday - I woke up yesterday literally feeling like a completley new person. I went to church early as my buddy Brad scared me into thinking that I would be sitting in the parking lot if I didnt get there an hour early. He was almost right - the place was packed by 8:25 with 5 extra buildings holding people and their guests for Easter service. By chance, I happened to have the only two seats open at about 8:40 and who would come walking down the aisle but my cousin who I havent seen since Christmas, but more so, havent really sat down and laughed and talked to in years. Because of this time, yesterday started out divine. Service was amazing and Andy Stanley was live (usually, Buckhead church service is a life size screen) which was more of a treat. Also, a friend of mine was baptized and his story, like many peoples, talks of a life of 40 years without God and then in some odd way - it always seems to be the most unlikely of ways - God intervenes and he is now fully filled. I like this idea as most of us probably do....I was reading last week about the fullness of Christ and how we receive the fullness of Him....if you think of what all that embodies it kind of knocks you over.....that fullness is in me! Anyways, after church I headed to Marietta to be with the whole family. Sadly, it has really been since Christmas since this happened. Just being with them for the afternoon yesterday reminded me of how precious my family is to me. I pray for a day when we all live in the same city again and can enjoy eachothers company on a regular basis. Until then, I pray for my efforts to stay connected. We fished, played tennis, cooked dinner together, played ping pong and laughed at eachother like we are so good at doing. When we were fishing I was looking at each of us - Matt (freshman in Med school), Carter (Freshman in college) and Mary Lauren (freshman in highschool) and thought how touching it is as a sister but more so as a parent to see so many years of life that have been created and now those lives are adding to other lives and searching for significance and creating lives of their own. It's kind of neat how after all the crazy teen years and the stresses during my college years with my family in Boston that it all seems to work out. It really does.....and I know we are blessed enormously right now to all be healthy and safe and relatively close. I pray we do not forget how blessed we are on a daily basis. And you know, if tomorrow something were to happen in any way - we are still blessed...That, too, is the beauty of a life filled with Christ. In Him all things hold together and all things work for the good of those who love Him so really we are always blessed despite the circumstances at all times.

Anyway, after lunch I went to my mawmaw's to see my moms side of the family. Mawmwas (my mom's mother's)is really one of my favorite places in Atlanta. I love the natural comeraderie that exists and of course, Mawmaw's yummy goodies that always seem to be around and that no diet can say no to. She has chocolate pound cake yesterday....perfect chocolate pound cake that is....perfectly moist (I hate that word) on the inside and perfectly crisp on the outside. You should be jealous.

Then the night ended as any Sunday night should....among friends and the porch twinkle lights and David Gray in the background and the windows open and a card game on the porch. Oh....and Jenni and Courtney's annual Bunny cake (see pictures above). I need more nights like this.....

On to productive Monday. Happy post-easter. Peeps are 10 for a quarter today at any grocery store. Don't all run out at once.

PS - I am going somewhere out of town this Wednesday.....what do you think?
-Gulf Shores to be lazy with my grandparents (they dont even know this is an option)
-Short 4 hour drive to Charleston to visit Fran and again, be lazy
-San Francisco....I have a flight reserved through 11pm tonight....just the thought of this invigorates me.
-Athens to play with Charlsie and enjoy a quick-mini-getaway....

Thoughts???

PPS....okay, so this wasnt short.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vaughan said...

I vote for San Fran. You've definitely earned it and spontaneity is what keeps our souls afloat....Had a great time hanging out on the porch last night!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Fran said...

Charleston is calling your name!!

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home