A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The gift that kept giving

I received flowers at my office last week. No details will be disclosed so dont try (For all you know, it was my precious brother????). I was super embarrassed on the day of arrival because I work with a bunch of men and until now I had given them the idea that I have little social/dating life. My manager enjoyed parading the flowers and attached note around the office. Aside from the embarrassment though, the surprise (well,semi-surprise) was fabulous. More so, I did as every good gardener should do and I cut the stems and then watered them and put the flower food in the vase on Friday when I left. At this point, they were nice and the thought in which they were sent was much appreciated. I felt pretty dang special. So flowers=good even if I kind of new about them. Here is the best part though....I leave Friday and come back Monday to a full garden on my desk. I hope the timing of the flowers blooming has nothing to do with moods or something....Last week these flowers were nice but just nice. This week- they are absolutely stunning and everyone that walks by comments on how amazing they are....I just say that I think the gardener and the sender are more amazing! Yep, the flowers will probably die by the end of the week but the impression is lasting. And how great to get to enjoy them for a full week now. Fresh flowers = happy Betsy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home