A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Monday, April 10, 2006

Melody madness

You know me.....I am obsessed with music. I am moved by music. There is always a song in my head and a soundtrack in the background, no matter the circumstances. Today so far has been the beautiful Monday, start to a new week, early workout but yet some funky feeling in my stomach kind of soundtrack....it is composed of a few meodies to note: Dolly Partons latest; traveling through. A new favorite tune titled So Refreshing (compliments of Brian), a little Coldplay - Green eyes, Super Duper by Joss Stone (this will start any day off fabulously) and of course, Journey -don't stop Believing (for Kat and Catie) and a little Jennifer Knapp - When nothing Satisfies Me. Altogether, and in no particular order or really for no particular meaning - these songs have started off my day whether in the cd player or just in my head. I left one off: Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism. You need to check this one out for yourself. You will find yourself wanting to cuddle in the middle of the day. Enough said.

Anyway, I did a whole heck of alot of driving this weekend and I craved the time with my windows down and the tunes blaring so I could sing as loud as possible and allow the words to embody everything I may have been feeling - or maybe just wanted to feel. Then, there were a few silent drives that were just as harmonious....Especially with the weather this weekend. Silence is when God taps on my heart and beckons me to listen to Him....or to listen to my heart.

So, I thought I would be generous and share a few of my new favorites....(Leah and Ashley, this is for y'all). I can't take credit for all of these...Usually, I tend to think I am pretty cool and discover alot of my own music but portions of this list are comprised with the help of other music-minded friends. This is free.

*As mentioned before, Death Cab for Cutie - Yes, all the rave so I know you know the tunes....Gray's Anatomy and the OC have brought these guys front and center. Transatlanticism as mentioned early. You'll thank me.

*Dolly Parton's latest....you can't go wrong with Dolly

*Van Morrison - at all times and for all reasons the greatest hits album will not fail you. Check out some of the last songs....I think he saved the best for last.

*Okay, I take no credit at all for this one. It is rare that I find someone that I can listen to literally over and over and never tire - this is a new one on that list (list below): Matt Kearney. Lyrics - moving, voice- unique....I am going to owe my referral source years many thanks for years to come as I think this one will be a permanent on the list.
List: (or atleast the ones I can remember)
-Van Morrison
-Keb Mo - Keep it Simple
-Shawn McDonald
-Ray Lamontagne
-Ryan Adams
-Sarah Mclaughlin (B-sides and rarities)
-Vertical Horizon
-David Crowder
-Jack Johnson's first album
-Tricia Yearwood - not kidding
-Madonna's greatest hits
-Matt Kearney - the latest addition

I know I am leaving some off but you get the gist...things that you just cant get rid of and you could listen to over and over and over and it could make your insides turn (in a good way) every single time.

Okay, and a few new ones to check out: KT Tunstall, Charles Kelly (brother to Josh, soulful voice that makes you want to dance), Jamie Lidell - Multiply, Brandi Carlisle (backup voice to Ray Lamontagne....boys, you will melt) and as you all are aware - The Fray.

Enjoy. Share the love back when you get a chance.

I need you so much closer.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home