A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Sleep please

I really need to sleep tonight. You would agree if you were sitting here with me. It is 12:37 as I type and in 5 hours precisely I will be arising for an exciting workout in front of about 25 people. Headphone, legwarmers, sweatband and all. If you were here you would look at me and say I am crazy and I should go to bed asap. I cant. I have that wide-eyed, 1015 thoughts through your head at once and I have to be up at the butt-crack kinda feeling and the thought of climbing into my perfect bed with a full head of this mumbo-jumbo isnt comforting at all. It's like swimming on a full belly....you should always wait atleast 30 minutes like your mama told you. I am really craving a big chocolate chip cookie from the Nestle store....isnt it funny how in the odd hours of the night anything and everything becomes justifiable. In that case, I am craving 2 nestle tollhouse cookies with peanut butter and a tall tea/lemonade fromchickfila. I also would really like to do some pilates and de-stress or detox my head from these bombarding thoughts. How is it that I can be so still and thoughtless, literally....just numb and then as if the world would explode if I didnt think my thoughts - they all come rushing back in....fighting for my attention and my sleep time. If you are up and if you feel so inclined, plop down on your knees and just beg that maybe these intrusive thoughts would leave and I could be quiet and at ease again and just go to bed. Until then, I am going to make some chocolate chip cookies and go find my purple legwarmers for my class in the morning....Well - in T-5 hours that is......

Atleast it is Friday! The weekend is calling my name....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home