A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Friday, March 31, 2006

Favorite things about yesterday

Yesterday was splendid. So splendid I couldn't sleep at all lastnight because I didn't want it to end. Here is why yesterday was so splendid:

-Charlsie came in town from Athens just for our dinner party. I love personal visits from Charlsie.
-The 70 degree weather especially during mine and Charlsie's afternoon run/walk/sprint through Capitol City Club
-Chasing down Jose, the yard man and his 6 man strong crew of yard maintenance folk to beg them to cut our yard before they went home for the evening
-Sprinting down Peachtree Dunwoody next to our new yard man for maybe a mile as he tried to locate the Terrace and the jungle in our front yard
-Having fresh flowers sprinkled throughout our house
-Tiki torch love all along the drive way. Tiki torches = spring/summer = happy Betsy
-The Terrace clean and sparkling with the windows open, perfect music throughout the house and many many candles
-The smell of brownies in the oven
-My new red dress!
-James and Quincy: the dishwashers (for hire if needed) How great it is to cook a big meal and have someone else clean the dishes.
-Officer Davis showing up at the Terrace at 11:45 pm
-Charlsie's before bedtime rendition of Your So Vain
-The last Thursday of the month....I love the end of the month and I LOVE APRIL IN GEORGIA!!!! There is no place I'd rather be in April then right here in the peach state.

Happy Friday everyone! I am headed to the BellSouth Classic to check out golfers bottoms and bask in the sunshine. I'll go ahead and tell you that this weekend is going to be amazing....relaxing.....sunshine.....no plans......fabulous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home