A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Okay here it goes

Gosh, this feels good......my fingers are having a romance with the keys right now. My insides have really turned for this moment for weeks now. I am self-admittedly shady. These last few weeks have just been a whirlwind and really - had I a second to even take off my shoes at night before I get to bed I would have used it to document the events. Unfortunately, now time has passed and really - who cares what happened a few weeks ago? None of yall are blowing up my inbox begging for details....where is the love? So rather than retell....here are a few of the lessons learned:
-Always check to make sure your regular doctor is in and not the 'fill-in' doctor if you so happen to go for your annual head to toe melanoma check.
-If you happen to forget to confirm that your regularly schedulded doctor is just that - scheduled....remember to wear appropriate undergarments for your examination. Enough said.
-If the 'fill-in' doctor happens to be the father of an ex-highschool sweetheart - run!
-Dim lights in an office really make you focus more. This has been my most recent phenomena and it may be that I have just really buckled down at work but I equate it to my new dim light and a little Matt Kearney in the background.
-Really, you can win your day with just two straight hours of focused work. Honestly, this is more than most workers put in after a full day of partial work, email checking, waterfountain mingling, returning phonecalls. Just 2 straight hours.
-You should have a flashlight in your trunk along with the jack and other utensils (I am such a women calling the tools utensils) needed to change a flat tire on a curvy mountain road in the dark all alone with minimal cell phone service.
-Who needs a boy? Girls are highly capable of changing their own tires and jump starting their own car battery's even if the two occur with in a 12 hour period.
-Water is calming. I could sit and just watch the ripples on a lake or water flowing off of rocks for hours. And I did this along with a few of my dearest friends - all day Saturday.
-I love personal evites just for me!
-I like chivalry and love and take for granted that so many of my darling friends are very chivalrous. (Is that a word?) It deserves to be one and my guy friends deserve the honor.
-God is moved by the persistence and passion in which we go about things.
-I really really miss my brothers and my family almost every single day. I hate that we are all 4 in seperate parts of our lives right now and we rarely get to experience these things together.
-It is still okay to have your mother come to your doctors appointments with you even at 25.
-Frozen peas on a blue/swollen nose after a hard ball to nose contact is vital. No peas=bigger blue swollen nose for 3 days and constant funny looks at work.
-Things change. Things never stay the same. Don't get comfortable - just when you do - it is over.
-Being right smack in the center of God's will is exhilerating and frightening altogether. The two, when coupled could create the most beautiful collision in a person's heart. Every ounce of my body is alive for Christ these days and it is truly enlivening beyond any other feeling I could have!
-Eatzis macaroni and cheese is good at any hour of the day.
-Girls know nothing about buying new tires so for this, yes - boy needed.
-Too much cookie cake can make you really really sick.
-Who says 8 hours of sleep are needed a night? 5 is optimal and provides many more glorious hours in the day to actually enjoy the day.
-I have said it before but I just can't get away from this.....Where the Spirit of the Lord it...there is FREEDOM!!!! Freedom that can not be matched.
-Not posting on the blog makes me really really sad.
-No comments makes me even sadder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home