A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Every interaction matters

This one man always had the biggest smile every time you passed him by in the elevator or on the way down to the cafe in my office building. He started with my company about the time I did nearly 3 years ago. It's not that we had any special friendship where we actually saw eachother more than passing by in the hall but I guess since we came on board together there was something there...more so, he loved peoplethe way I do. I know this because the way he smiled and inquired about my daily happenings even if the inquiry was short. I guess too, like minded people just pick up on things and his demeanor was a constant reminder of how I wished to treat people - even the one who just pass you by.
Yesterday we received an email that my young-jovial friend had passed away and that details would follow as they come about.
Really, had I not heard this I might not have stopped to wonder where he was becuase it is not daily that I see him. But it was just 2 Fridays ago that we travelled two elevator rides together and laughed about the weather that was forecasted for that particular weekend. He always seemed to inquire about my business - as I am in sales and he is in marketing- with genuine concern. I refuse to live with regret and can only hope that our small interactions along with others in his life lead him to a lead a life of peace and faith outside of work. But really, I could have asked more....inquired more......shared more......
Every day that we wakeup and it is another day - it is yet another opportunity God is giving us to be used. If my ulitmate purpose is to glorify God in every breath, step, word, action, decision and such then why even in my quick-interactions is my heart not burdened to share the peace and joy I have found through Jesus? My heart bleeds for those near to me that have yet to experience Christ on a personal and intimate level....I can't fathom going any of my years not walking step by step, personally, intimately with our Creator. I honestly don't know how people do it. But what about even the people that you may just pass in the elevator or on the way to the mailbox? I understand that God's vision and perspective is so much grander than I can fathom so I dont at all question why things happen. What I can question though is my intentionality with every single person I come into contact with....I may just be a seed-planter and not the gardener in the grand scheme but even then, do I look at every single person as someone for whom Christ died. I know if I could look at each person with such a heavy heart that even my friendly confrontations with by-passers could take on more meaning. I pray that my eyes are opened to every person I come in contact with in a new way. I want to be used. I want to follow so closely to the Savior that I see nothing but the things He sees and my heart begins to feel as He feels.

There is an abundance of joy within me and there is no reason it shouldn't be shared with each person God may choose to cross my path.

Giving to others truly is the highest form of living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home