A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Saturday, March 11, 2006

I'm alive I'm alive I'm alive

I am sitting in Leah's apartment in Nashville. I am so happy. I couldnt be more at peace. I woke up at 6:30 a.m. and drove to the Centennial Park (???) in Nashville. I can't run with my knees and I shouldn't but I did. I only ran 3 miles and then walked around the Vanderbilt campus for about an hour. In the middle of mile 2 I just stopped though and really fell on my knees. It was so good to hear myself breathing hard and having to exert energy and even though it was painful it was so beautiful just to be running. I thanked God for my heavy breathing and the quietness of the morning and my solitude and for getting me out of town when I needed it most and for my dear friends that I get to stretch the next 24 hours into years of memories. Then I sat and just listened to myself breathe. Thank you God for filling up my lungs with your breath. Someone told me yesterday that I was sold-out and I think at first I thought I needed to get defensive. Until I realized what he was saying I started questioning myself. You are sold out for Jesus and he wants hearts like yours....that's what he said and that's what I am. I am head over heels and in love. This week was trying as I have said but what is so amazing is that the whole week I felta peace even among the trials and the tears. I know I am right smack in the middle of God's will and there is no place I'd rather be despite the daily tests that may come. He is Sovereign - now I sit a few hours away among my dearest friends with not a thing to do today but enjoy and relax and praise Him for the blessings around me.

You alone are Father and You alone are Good
You alone are Savior and You alone are God
I'm alive I'm alive I'm alive I'm alive

1 Comments:

Blogger Vaughan said...

The misconception is that the safest place is in the center of God's will. There's no place I'd rather be. You are right on, despite the tests, it is worth it. Thanks for sharing Bets.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home