A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Mama has the cure for everything

I am at home now. Not Buckhead home - real home...way far away from everything (well, 30 miles...but seems like a different world.) Far away from my office and my house and my other office and the phone ringing and my dirty room and rude clients and far from the pressure that I put on myself daily. Today was trying. Granted, if I have learned anything I have learned that everything is about perspective. Things were fabulous yesterday and today they just went astray...not bad though - just different perspective. I broke down at work pretty bad and since about 1pm I have distanced myself from anything usual in my life. Therfore, I escaped to mama's....sat on the back porch, ate the best dinner ever, drank the most perfect sweet tea and let my mama and daddy tell me that I was okay. That's all it took really. Now I just have to go into the office tomorrow and explain why I had a mental breakdown at work today and went out the door in tears. I dont have those answers. Jesus is the only reason for my energy these days - my whole attitude changed this past December when I answered some weird call (figuratively speaking) to stay in my job and to recommit myself to whatever it was I was to be doing....but, man, I feel like I am being beat up daily these days. Most of the feelings come from work but to be honest some of it has to do with other stuff. I'll leave it at that but altogether it feels like I am being spit on while I am down. Just go ahead and kick me too! Okay, this seems harsh because really I am happy and confident because I know God has me right where He has me and I know I am in the center of his will and sometimes that really is the hardest place to be. So yes, I know that but man, someone is just trying to beat me up and I am just letting them do it. Tomorrow I will not though - so get it over with today. You have 1.5 hours left if you want to take a shot.

Mama has sent me home with some her yummy chicken and collards and sweet potatoes. Re-Dinner tomorrow made by mama is enough to make me smile now.

I am going back to the porch. What a release! Praise God for mothers and daddys and collard greens and my car that takes me far far away from everything routine when I need it most.

I trust you Jesus.
I trust you Jesus.
I trust you Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home