A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Oh Praise Him

There is nothing else to say on a Saturday like today. One of my oldest and dearest friends, Charlsie, was here visiting since Thursday. (BTW- how loved do you feel when people come to visit you? Even little mini-visits are a treat these days when eveyone is in a hurry to do everything.) More so, lastnight we took Eatzis home for dinner, put on our pjs and watched Pride and Prejudice (Charlsie hazed us in to watching this but it was well worth it - the part I saw (remember - I sleep during movies....) and then this morning I actually slept in until the sun was already up...8:10 to be exact. And what a more perfect day to wake up to???? The sky couldnt be any bluer and everything from my shiny car to the blooming Bradford pear trees (that stink during the spring but Charlsie, who is a wealth of useless knowledge (and alot of uselful stuff too) says it is only one of the sexes of the trees that stink - the male I think...to which I learned that trees even had genders???? Did you know this???) Anyway, from those stinky trees to my clean car to even my hateful neighbors yard screams the magnificence of our amazing Creator today! I couldnt soak up the day anymore today if I slopped it up with a good ole piece of my mawmaw's cornbread! I played tennis, did some pilates, read with the windows open, cleaned the house, laid in the grass at Peidmont park and just smiled all day long at the beautiful day that the Lord made. Sunday looks to be much of the same....which makes me think what at all I have done to deserve such splendor for 2 full days. You know this was the first weekend in Atl in 9 weekends that it hasnt rained? I thought we were being punished or something and then we are surprised with this gem of a weekend.

Okay, I stopped in the middle of this post to go to a wedding and now aside from marvelling at the beauty of the day I forgot where I was going with this.....That's all for now. Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home