A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Friday, February 24, 2006

Window cleaning and chicken sales

I had to write this down and oh how I am itching to extrapolate. It'sFriday. I had a closing which means good things in m business. Prior to the closing the window washing crew was washing the windows outside of my office. I sat mesmorized for 45minutes as they went about their business. Some of my shadyer counterparts dared me to to smash my body up against the window and just sit there during the whole washing. I didnt take them up on their dare.
What a cool job? If you look out your window in Atlanta right not you may say nearly 16 different buidings that are all bordered by windows. Do all of those buildings have window washers? It seems to me like everyone these days is about slashing overhead and increasing bottom line. Personally, you would think one of the first services to go would be the windo washing service? You'd think. Obviously, this is among the things that just must be done. I can't tell you the thoughts that are going through my head regarding this because I have to run ( I am going to workout because I have no time to get things done today and I am busy but I think I should atleast be busy with a clear head. Good justification right?) So more interesting thoughts to come on this window deal. I am fascintated.

Quickly, too, I am also fascinatedby this lady that I just met at my closing. She is the US importer and exporter for the poultry industry. yes I love chicken but more so I love to travel. In 4 days she was in Dubai (sp?) where it was summer andthen in Russia somewhere else where it was below 20! There are so many jobs that happen daily that you wouldnt even think someone does but yet you see the produce of their work all around you. I eat eggs for breakfast every single morning!!! Someone has to get those eggs to the Dubian's too to eat for breakfast. Of course, you'd think they have their own eggs????
K, for real, going to workout. Don't overlook any job today - someone's peculiar job could be the very reason you enjoyed your chicken nuggets lastnight and are looking through a flawless glass window as you read this......
I want to was windows or sell chicken to other country's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home