A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Nash-vegas

That's my destination tomorrow about this time. Man, do I need to get out of town and get a dose of my favorite Bohemians! The group of girls I am going to meet are my the best treasure I ever found....nearly 6 years ago. We all met at Greystone my summer after Sophomore year. I ended up at this little hideaway by God's provision only. It was ahard summer becausemy fam was moving from the town I grew up in to Boston of all places. Needless to say, this was the summer that God won my heart over. I mean, I had been a God-seeker many years before but somehow that summer in the midst of chaos with my family moving and a busy campu schedule- my perspective on everything was altered. After many trips throughout the year to our respective SEC schools we planned the next summer to be together in Charleston. Literally, until we all showed up one sunny May afternoon - we werent really sure that our plans would work out. I could write the best novel you'd ever read about that summer. We were on our own little mission trip and in everyway God went before us and prepared us andour experiences to be used for His glory. And so it goes.....every year among a few small visits that may involve a few members of the group - we all try to do atleast one travelling reunion. Last year we hit San Fran and the west coast. This year due to schedules there wont be a big trip so somehow this week we orchestrated a mini-reunion to Nashville. (Where Leah, the nurse, lives.)

I left out all the details but atlest you know the background. Though I may see these girls twice yearly - we never skip a beat.

Hoooray for Nashville and my travelling Bohemians and for the beautiful blessings of friends that know you and like you just the way you are.

La Bohemia!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home