A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Margin, Masters (kind of ) and mosquitoes

I have heard sermon after sermon on margin. Everyone needs margin in every realm of life. Eventually without it things fall apart. I have had a ton of fun lately almost every single day and I have been working really hard and yes, in the moment, it is all worth it but eventually, as I said.....My body starts telling me in physical ways that I need to slow down. Unfortunately, this may be the theme song for my life. Then all of the sudden in the midst of my busyness - I'll have a freak out moment and get rid of anything and everything that is swallowing my time. I did this last February. I kind of took it to the extreme then and literally pulled out of every possible extra thing including relationships, extra curricular activities and any church functions. I turned to coloring and quiet Friday nights during this time of withdrawal....Anyway, it's back and yet again - I find myself pulling away from anything that requires time. This isn't healthy I agree....I drove up to Alpharetta tonight for a Northpoint church thing with all of my friends. I walked in the door and immediately walked right back out and went home. More so, all week long I have not been able to commit to anything because I am fighting off this internal desire to retreat far far away and just sit quietly. Anyway, I know what is needed and I know if I can slow down long enough - margin will come back. Take no offense if it seems that I have fallen off the face of the earth - I may have but only for a short while.

On other notes....I really like golf tournaments. I like to wear a sundress and I like to watch the golfers and I like that the weather typically seems to be divine for golf watching. Lastweekend my two fabulous roommates and I (we were missing the 4th fabulous roommate) were taken on a perfect date to the Bellsouth classic. It couldn't have been anymore perfect, really. So all week long I got really geared up to go sit on the 6th whole with my Master's guru - Charlsie, drink an azalea and watch the golfers and the golf fans and wanna be golf fans (me included) donned in seer-sucker pants and dresses.....I love going to Augusta with Charlsie and I have been so spoiled by her dear family whenever I get to go. The weekend is truly one of my favorites of the whole year. All week I was really pumped to make the trek on Saturday but then come Thursday I just knew I would have to skip out this year. See paragraph one for explanation. Anyway, though I wasn't 100+ miles east, I did live up the Masters at my friends 2nd annual Masters party. There were green jackets and golf flags in the yard, seer sucker and even pimento cheese sandwiches just like they have at the Nationals. The sun was blaring and the company was fabulous. For not making it to the tournament this year - the back up proved very enjoyable and I didn't have to wait the 2 hours to get out of the parking lot this year. I can't wait to hear Charlsie's Masters stories - there is always at least one that sticks around for years to come.

And on to the mosquito bites that are on my legs.....In lieu of Augusta I did venture to the lake with some of my closest amigos Friday night. I drove up late because I needed the alone time in the car and yes, I got lost maybe 4 times but nonetheless, I made it late Friday and enjoyed a marvelous time away. A few favorite things to note: The perfect fire thanks to Robin, Brian and Tomi. Isn't it amazing that you can sit around and just stare at fire for hours and be perfectly entertained? My hair still smells like smoke and probably will for days but it is comforting and reminds me of the good times and good conversation.
At 4:30 in the morning we were awakened by what Tomi thought was someone flashing a picture. Turns out to be tornados. Just tornadoes....no worries. I LOVE thunderstorms! I LOVE LOVE LOVE thunderstorms. I was so tired my body ached but I could have sat at the window and watched the lightning all night had it continued. Anyway, we woke up Saturday and enjoyed a lazy morning until we decided to drive to Dicks Creek in Dahlonega and go hiking. The drive (despite the car sickness) was beautiful. The boys went to be boys somewhere in the woods so all the girls decided to just start walking. The air was perfect and the creek running right next to us was surreal. I crave times like these with girls.....perfect weather, perfect conversation and no where to be and no time frame.
Needless to say, somehow I am left with quite a few bug bites on my leg but I guess the relaxing weekend was worth a few bites on my legs.

Tomorrow is Monday and I already know this is going to be a busy week. I pray that I can prioritize this week and above all things - find time for myself and time for me just to sit and listen as those are the times that fuel me for the rest of the busy week.

I am craving a pimento cheese sandwich. Charlsie, I hope you enjoyed a few for me!
Night night. My bed sheets are clean- what a perfect ending to a perfect weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home